• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home India

Received reports that banned apps are back in new format : Govt

KH Correspondent by KH Correspondent
July 23, 2022
in India
A A
Rajaya Sabha passes bill to repeal three farm laws
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi,  UNI The government on Friday informed that there are reports that banned Apps are appearing in new form by using similar sounding names or rebranded with the same functionality.

In a written reply in Rajya Sabha, the Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar said all such reports and grievances have been forwarded to Ministry of Home Affairs for examination.

He was responding to a query by YSRCP MP V Vijayasai Reddy who asked whether banned Apps are appearing in a new avatar by using similar sounding names and managing to circumvent scrutiny.

The minister said the Ministry of Electronics and IT follows the due process as defined in the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking for Access of Information by Public) Rules, 2009.

On another question that if PUBG has also come back and some children have committed crimes when they were restrained from playing the game, the Minister said the PUBG gaming app was blocked by the Ministry in 2020 and the game is not available in India since then.

The Minister said there was a media report that a child had killed his mother based on PUBG that he had been playing.

This is a matter of investigation by law enforcement agency to find the reason, Chandrasekhar said.

Reddy asked whether people are downloading banned Apps with new names through APK files which provides an alternative platform to downloaded Apps.

The Minister said his Ministry has issued blocking directions to many third party App stores including Google Play Store and Apple Store to block the Apps under section 69A of the IT Act 2000 and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) were also served with blocking directions to block related domains and IPs through which the blocked Apps were communicating.

UNI

KH Correspondent

KH Correspondent

Related Posts

India Defies Global Slump, Leads Growth: Prez Murmu In Independence Day Message

3-tier security cover in place for 79th Independence Day celebrations in J&K
by Agencies
August 15, 2026

New Delhi: In her message of greeting on 80th Independence Day, President Droupadi Murmu highlighted India’s strong economic momentum as...

Read moreDetails

Both houses of Parliament adjourned sine die, with passage of 12 Bills during Monsoon Session

Opposition to boycott inauguration of new Parliament building
by Agencies
August 14, 2026

New Delhi:Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned sine die. The Monsoon session of Parliament, which began on the...

Read moreDetails

HM Amit Shah Unveils High-Tech Cyber Defense Network for Cooperative Banks

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by Agencies
August 9, 2026

Mumbai: Taking decisive steps to safeguard India’s grassroots financial ecosystem, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah emphasized the imperative...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi Says J&K, Ladakh Witnessing Unprecedented Development Since Article 370 Abrogation

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by KH Web Desk
August 5, 2026

SRINAGAR, Aug 5: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that seven years after the abrogation of Articles 370 and...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi promises ‘more strict actions against paper leaks’ amid CJP protests

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

PM Modi Announces Fast-Track Courts Bill Amid NEET Paper Leak Controversy New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday promised...

Read moreDetails

Govt invites students protesting over NEET paper leak issue for talks

1,365 Vacant Posts In IAS, 703 In IPS: Govt
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

New Delhi: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has appealed to the protesting students of the NEET paper leak issue to...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire