• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home India

Soldier who crossed LoC after ‘surgical strikes’ seeks retirement

K H News Service by K H News Service
May 25, 2018
in India
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar: Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan, who had “inadvertently” strayed across the Line of Control (LoC) in 2016 after the “surgical strikes” and spent nearly four months in captivity in Pakistan, has sought premature retirement.
Chavan, 24, who was admitted to the psychiatry ward in Military Hospital at Kirkee here, has written a letter to his seniors requesting them to relieve him from service, saying he is “disturbed”.
The soldier, from 37 Rashtriya Rifles, had gone missing on September 29, 2016 after he “inadvertently” crossed the LoC, following which the Pakistan Army had taken him into custody. He was handed over to the Indian Army four months later.
After returning, Chavan, who hails from Dhule district, faced a sentence for leaving his post without informing his seniors and was later transferred to the Armed Corps Centre at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra.
Chavan, who was discharged from the hospital yesterday, said he was seeking retirement as he was “disturbed after whatever happened to him in the last two years”. “I have written to my seniors and requested them to prematurely discharge me from my duties and give me pension,” he told PTI. Chavan said the Army provided him all possible help and he had no complaints. A Southern Command officer, however, said they have not received any letter from Chavan. “We are yet to know the fact as no letter from him has been received so far,” the officer said.

K H News Service

K H News Service

Related Posts

India Defies Global Slump, Leads Growth: Prez Murmu In Independence Day Message

3-tier security cover in place for 79th Independence Day celebrations in J&K
by Agencies
August 15, 2026

New Delhi: In her message of greeting on 80th Independence Day, President Droupadi Murmu highlighted India’s strong economic momentum as...

Read moreDetails

Both houses of Parliament adjourned sine die, with passage of 12 Bills during Monsoon Session

Opposition to boycott inauguration of new Parliament building
by Agencies
August 14, 2026

New Delhi:Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned sine die. The Monsoon session of Parliament, which began on the...

Read moreDetails

HM Amit Shah Unveils High-Tech Cyber Defense Network for Cooperative Banks

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by Agencies
August 9, 2026

Mumbai: Taking decisive steps to safeguard India’s grassroots financial ecosystem, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah emphasized the imperative...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi Says J&K, Ladakh Witnessing Unprecedented Development Since Article 370 Abrogation

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by KH Web Desk
August 5, 2026

SRINAGAR, Aug 5: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that seven years after the abrogation of Articles 370 and...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi promises ‘more strict actions against paper leaks’ amid CJP protests

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

PM Modi Announces Fast-Track Courts Bill Amid NEET Paper Leak Controversy New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday promised...

Read moreDetails

Govt invites students protesting over NEET paper leak issue for talks

1,365 Vacant Posts In IAS, 703 In IPS: Govt
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

New Delhi: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has appealed to the protesting students of the NEET paper leak issue to...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire