• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home India

Saudi ups India’s Haj quota by 5,000

Agencies by Agencies
January 10, 2018
in India
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi: More pilgrims can now proceed for Haj this year as Indias quota of pilgrims has been hiked by 5,000 by Saudi Arabia, the government announced on Tuesday.
The decision by Riyadh came days after Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi signed a bilateral annual agreement for Haj 2018 with Saudi Minister for Haj and Umrah Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten.
Now, a total of 1.75 lakh Indian citizens can go for Haj. Last year, Saudi Arabia increased India’s Haj quota by 35,000, the Minority Affairs Ministry said.
Giving credit to the hike to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “growing popularity” and India’s strengthened relations with Saudi Arabia, Naqvi said three years ago this quota was 1.36 lakh.
Saudi Arabia has also given a nod to India’s decision to revive the option of sending Haj pilgrims by sea.
Officials from both countries will soon discuss all the necessary formalities and technicalities in this regard.
About 3.55 lakh applications have been received for Haj 2018. The Haj Committee of India will finalise the names of those who can go this year for Haj through a lucky draw.
However, around 1,300 Muslim women who have applied to go for the pilgrimage without a ‘mehram’ (male guardian) will be exempt from the lucky draw and all of them will be allowed to go, the Minister said.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

India Defies Global Slump, Leads Growth: Prez Murmu In Independence Day Message

3-tier security cover in place for 79th Independence Day celebrations in J&K
by Agencies
August 15, 2026

New Delhi: In her message of greeting on 80th Independence Day, President Droupadi Murmu highlighted India’s strong economic momentum as...

Read moreDetails

Both houses of Parliament adjourned sine die, with passage of 12 Bills during Monsoon Session

Opposition to boycott inauguration of new Parliament building
by Agencies
August 14, 2026

New Delhi:Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned sine die. The Monsoon session of Parliament, which began on the...

Read moreDetails

HM Amit Shah Unveils High-Tech Cyber Defense Network for Cooperative Banks

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by Agencies
August 9, 2026

Mumbai: Taking decisive steps to safeguard India’s grassroots financial ecosystem, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah emphasized the imperative...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi Says J&K, Ladakh Witnessing Unprecedented Development Since Article 370 Abrogation

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by KH Web Desk
August 5, 2026

SRINAGAR, Aug 5: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that seven years after the abrogation of Articles 370 and...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi promises ‘more strict actions against paper leaks’ amid CJP protests

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

PM Modi Announces Fast-Track Courts Bill Amid NEET Paper Leak Controversy New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday promised...

Read moreDetails

Govt invites students protesting over NEET paper leak issue for talks

1,365 Vacant Posts In IAS, 703 In IPS: Govt
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

New Delhi: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has appealed to the protesting students of the NEET paper leak issue to...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire