• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

NIA takes over Delhi blast probe as terror links surface

United News of India by United News of India
November 12, 2025
in Top News
A A
OGW Network Case: NIA Raids Underway in South Kashmir
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi : The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the investigation into the blast near Delhi’s Red Fort, which sources confirm was a terror attack that killed at least 10 people and injured 24.
The case was officially handed over to the federal anti-terror agency at the directions of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). NIA officials are now on the spot, examining the scene of the blast and meeting local officials to take charge of the probe.
This development follows the emergence of links between the Delhi blast and a recently busted terror module in Faridabad. The investigation has so far been a joint effort by the Delhi Police Special Cell, district police, and the Jammu & Kashmir Police.
The probe intensified after Delhi Police registered a formal FIR, invoking stringent sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act related to terrorist acts and their punishment, along with the Explosive Substances Act. Charges of murder and attempt to murder have also been included.
A significant part of the probe has focused on tracing the movements of the suspects through the city’s CCTV network. Nearly 200 police personnel examined footage from multiple routes, including from the Badarpur Border to the Sunehri Masjid near Red Fort, and from Outer Ring Road to Kashmere Gate.
This digital dragnet has led investigators to question around13 suspects.
A key line of inquiry involves the vehicle used in the attack. The investigation has revealed a chain of ownership for the car, which was initially sold by a man named Salman to another individual, Devender, in March 2025. The car then changed hands from Devender to a person named Aamir on October 29. It was subsequently passed on to Dr. Umar Mohammad, with a man named Tariq, also being privy to this exchange.
Both Aamir and Tariq are currently being questioned by a Delhi Police team as the probe continues.

 

 

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

People’s Participation Vital to Counter Terrorism, Narco-Terror: LG Sinha

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

• LG lays foundation stone of Amriteshwar Sarovar at Sunderbani in Rajouri • Says “community solidarity essential to counter terror,...

Read moreDetails

World sees India as bright spot for growth: PM Modi

Paper Leak Accused Won’t Be Spared, Fast-Track Courts to Be Set Up: PM Modi
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says "Production Linked Punishment model of earlier 'License Raj' governments" Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at Congress...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha Calls Agriculture a New Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship

LG Sinha invites suggestions for SMVDSB’s upcoming ‘International Goddess Museum’ at Katra
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

•Urges youth to turn local agricultural challenges into startups and jobs •Calls for greater use of AI, technology and innovation...

Read moreDetails

Govt’s committed to deport every illegal immigrant from country: HM Amit Shah

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Siliguri( West Bengal) :The Union Home and Cooperatives Minister, Amit Shah inaugurated a 6-day awareness exhibition on the three New...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says “Garden showcases creative reuse of discarded materials, promotes sustainable landscaping” Srinagar :Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday inaugurated Srinagar’s first...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional performance in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire