• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

From Art 370 to Op Sindoor, Modi Govt Bulldozed Terror Walls: HM Amit Shah

Agencies by Agencies
October 15, 2025
in Top News
A A
Wasn’t confused about consequences of removing Article 370, JK moves will end militancy in Kashmir: Amit Shah
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Says “Decisive Operations Deny Safe Heavens To Terrorists With & Outside India”

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said that from the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir to Operation Sindoor, the Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government broke all walls of terrorism.
Addrssing the 41st Raising Day of the National Security Guard (NSG) at its headquarters in Manesar, Shah said the government’s approach follows a “zero tolerance” policy toward terrorism.
He mentioned amendments to the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), new definitions of terrorism in criminal laws, and bans on organisations such as the Popular Front of India (PFI) as part of this strategy.
Shah said that Operation Sindoor successfully destroyed Pakistani terror bases, training camps, and launch sites. He added that in Operation Mahadev, Indian security forces conducted targeted operations to neutralise those responsible for the Pahalgam attack, boosting public confidence in the armed forces.
The Home Minister said that under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the government maintains a zero-tolerance approach toward terrorism. “The campaign against terror has been broad and coordinated, from the abrogation of Article 370 to surgical strikes, airstrikes, and Operation Sindoor, aiming at dismantling the core of terrorist networks,” he said.
“No matter where terrorists try to hide, they cannot find safe havens. Our forces are prepared to take action anywhere to respond to acts of terror,” he added.
Shah said that since 2019, the government has taken several steps to enhance national security. These include amendments to the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the National Investigation Agency Act, along with actions under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act by the Enforcement Directorate to stop funding of terror groups, he said.
“For the first time, terrorism has been clearly defined under criminal law, addressing previous gaps. So far, more than 57 individuals and several organisations have been declared unlawful,” Shah said.
The HM said the NSG’s new hub is being established in Ayodhya, joining five existing hubs in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Jammu to respond to terror threats quickly. The commandos will operate around the clock, with special groups ready to respond to any sudden terror attacks, he added.
These actions, Shah said, have made India’s security forces capable of dismantling terror networks inside and outside the country. “We have ensured that terrorists do not find safe havens anywhere, whether inside India or abroad,” he said.
On the NSG’s role, the Home Minister said the force has been operating for over four decades and remains critical in the fight against terrorism and organised crime.
“The government will continue to strengthen security measures and maintain readiness to respond to any threats, ensuring the safety of the nation’s citizens,” he said

 

 

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

People’s Participation Vital to Counter Terrorism, Narco-Terror: LG Sinha

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

• LG lays foundation stone of Amriteshwar Sarovar at Sunderbani in Rajouri • Says “community solidarity essential to counter terror,...

Read moreDetails

World sees India as bright spot for growth: PM Modi

Paper Leak Accused Won’t Be Spared, Fast-Track Courts to Be Set Up: PM Modi
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says "Production Linked Punishment model of earlier 'License Raj' governments" Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at Congress...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha Calls Agriculture a New Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship

LG Sinha invites suggestions for SMVDSB’s upcoming ‘International Goddess Museum’ at Katra
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

•Urges youth to turn local agricultural challenges into startups and jobs •Calls for greater use of AI, technology and innovation...

Read moreDetails

Govt’s committed to deport every illegal immigrant from country: HM Amit Shah

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Siliguri( West Bengal) :The Union Home and Cooperatives Minister, Amit Shah inaugurated a 6-day awareness exhibition on the three New...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says “Garden showcases creative reuse of discarded materials, promotes sustainable landscaping” Srinagar :Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday inaugurated Srinagar’s first...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional performance in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire