- “Those responsible for these militant incidents will be punished, A detailed meeting was held on all aspects of security with all agencies involved in J& Security, discussions were also held on creating a very secure grid in coming days”
- “360-degree security mechanism will be further strengthened to completely eliminate support, information system of militants, Compared to the time when militancy started in J&K, there have been the least number of incidents and deaths in recent times”
- “I assure the citizens of Jammu that whatever may be the intention of militant organizations, our security agencies will be ready to protect Jammu”
- “Policy of zero tolerance against militancy being followed under leadership of PM Modi, all security agencies fighting a decisive battle against militancy”
- “My desire was to share the grief of victims’ families of Rajouri attacks, I could not go there due to bad weather, I spoke to all families over phone and tried to join their grief”
- “Modi led Govt stands with families of the victims, is determined to help them, affected families will be given benefits through many Govt, All possible help will be provided by LG with relief measures under his authority”
- “Courage of all those families an example for the whole country, it is a big thing to maintain morale of fighting even after such a big incident”
Jammu: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday chaired a high level security review meeting in Jammu on the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir. The meeting was also attended by Jammu & Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha, Union Home Secretary, J&K Chief Secretary, Financial Commissioner (ACS) Home, J&K DGP, Commander, Northern Command, Army and Intelligence, and other senior officers of BSF and CRPF among others.
Addressing a press conference in Jammu after the meeting, the Union Home Minister said that “My desire was to share the grief of victims’ families of the of the Rajouri militant attacks, but I could not go there due to bad weather, I spoke to all the families over the phone and tried to join their grief”. Shah said that the courage of all those victim families is an example for the whole country, it is a big thing to maintain the morale of fighting hard even after such a big incident.
The Union Home Minister said that following the policy of zero tolerance against militancy under the leadership of Prime Minister NarendraModi, all security agencies are fighting a decisive battle against militancy. He said that the government led by Prime Minister NarendraModi stands firmly with the families of the victims and is determined to help them. Shah said that with full empathy, the affected families would be given benefits through various schemes of the government, along with this all possible help will be provided by the LG with relief measures under his authority.
Amit Shah said that a detailed meeting was held with security agencies in Jammu on all aspects of security, discussions were also held on creating a very secure grid in the coming days. He said that all the security agencies of the country are fully prepared and their morale is high with confidence to prevent such incidents. He said that NIA and Jammu Police will jointly investigate the militant incidents that took place in these two days and this investigation will be done keeping together all the incidents that happened in the last one and a half years.
The Union Home Minister said that support and information systems of militant groups were also discussed in detail during the meeting and all the agencies have assured to create a complete 360-degree security mechanism. Shah said that the people responsible for these militant attacks will be brought to book at the earliest and will be dealt with severe punishment.
Amit Shah said that compared to the time when menace of militancy started in Jammu and Kashmir, there have been the least number of incidents and deaths in recent times. He said that within three months the security grid in every area of Jammu would be made impenetrable by further strengthening it. He said that I assure the citizens of Jammu that whatever may be the intention of the militant organizations, our security agencies will be ready to protect Jammu.