• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Option ‘limited lockdown’ after April 14 gaining ground

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
April 3, 2020
in Latest Update
A A
Option ‘limited lockdown’ after April 14 gaining ground
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/April,3 : Amid coronavirus lockdown, with looming economic distress across sectors, discussions have commenced in the government on the way forward at the end of the 21-day period, including an exit strategy.

Giving a glimpse of one possible option, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Chief Ministers during a video-conference Thursday that it is “important to formulate a common exit strategy to ensure staggered re-emergence of the population once the lockdown ends”.

He asked the states to brainstorm and send suggestions for the strategy. Within his government, meanwhile, a “limited lockdown” in some areas is an option that seems to be gaining ground, at this point.But what forms these “limits” would take depends on a host of factors, the key being the nature of the spread of the virus.

One opinion currently within the government seems to be that while it may not be possible to reach a zero-new-case situation by April 14, the best option would be to focus on specific “pockets” to contain the spread.“If we can identify pockets like these across the country — there may be several hundred of them — and if I am reasonably satisfied that the rest of the country can go about their business, then these pockets will remain the only ones left with restrictions,” a highly placed government source was quoted as saying by “Indian Express”.The added advantage of this approach would be that resources can be concentrated on these areas, with rigorous and foolproof surveillance and follow-up action.

What complicates this, sources are reported to have said, is a sudden surge like the one over the last few days from the Tablighi Jamaat meeting in Delhi — about 400 cases so far from nine different states have been linked to that gathering.

“There are two or three questions there. One, how long should the lockdown continue? Two, should it be throughout the country or, three, (should) there be a graded lifting of the lockdown in certain areas? That is dependent on the data that emerges, in terms of the number of cases, hotspots, and areas in our country which are safe, are protected because of the lockdown, and don’t have a significant number of cases,” Director Aims Dr Randeep Guleria said in an interview.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Waste to Wonder Garden showcases, creativity, adds rustic cues in natural settings: CM Omar Abdullah SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister...

Read moreDetails

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: The Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) has placed a junior building inspector under suspension following her arrest in...

Read moreDetails

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Minister for Agriculture Production, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Cooperatives and Election Department, Javid Ahmad Dar, today...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday came out in support of Congress leader and...

Read moreDetails

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 21: An 18-year-old youth from Srinagar is feared to have drowned in Nallah Sindh near the dumping park...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire