• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Govt to take final call on suspension of operations in J&K soon

United News of India by United News of India
June 17, 2018
in Latest Update
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi: The Government is evaluating the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir before taking a call on continuing the Suspension of operation (SoO) in the valley , a senior government official, privy to this development, said here on Saturday.
“Ensuring foolproof security for forthcoming Amarnath Yatra will be one of the major factors in taking a decision”, the official added.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, talking to media on Saturday, said that he will speak on this issue on Sunday.
Mr Singh on Friday evening met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefed him about the security situation in the Kashmir valley, especially in the backdrop of gruesome killing of top journalist Shujaat Bukhari and abduction and murder of Rifleman Aurangzeb, just shortly before Centre’s truce was due to end.
NSA Ajit Doval, chiefs of intelligence and security agencies and senior Home Ministry officials
were also present.
“Though the civilians in the valley have welcomed the Government decision of unilateral SoO , the fact that the number of incidents of militancy and stone pelting have increased during the period of ceasefire is a deterrent for extension of truce there”, a government functionary told UNI.
The SoO was announced on May 16 for a month.
Around three lakh pilgrims are expected join the Amarnath Yatra which begins on June 28 and will continue till August 26 this year. These pilgrims could be an easy target for militants and hence the priority of the Government is to provide two months long ‘Yatra’ safe and secure.
Taking lesion from last year’s ‘terror attack’ on Amarnath yatris, the Home Ministry has stepped up security arrangement for this pilgrimage incident free, a high official of Ministry said on Friday.

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Waste to Wonder Garden showcases, creativity, adds rustic cues in natural settings: CM Omar Abdullah SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister...

Read moreDetails

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: The Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) has placed a junior building inspector under suspension following her arrest in...

Read moreDetails

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Minister for Agriculture Production, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Cooperatives and Election Department, Javid Ahmad Dar, today...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday came out in support of Congress leader and...

Read moreDetails

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 21: An 18-year-old youth from Srinagar is feared to have drowned in Nallah Sindh near the dumping park...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire