• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

Pahalgam victims will never be forgotten, India won’t bow to terror: PM Modi

Irfan Yattoo by Irfan Yattoo
April 23, 2026
in Top News
A A
Pahalgam victims will never be forgotten, India won’t bow to terror: PM Modi
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Nation pays tribute on first anniversary of Pahalgam attack

DM Rajnath, HM Amit Shah stress firm, decisive response; zero tolerance reiterated

LG Sinha reaffirms commitment to peace, security

Preventing the repeat of Pahalgam attack top priority: CM Omar

Irfan Yattoo
Srinagar: The nation on Wednesday paid solemn tributes to the victims of the Pahalgam terror attack on its first anniversary, with top political leadership reiterating India’s unwavering resolve to combat terrorism and stand in solidarity with the bereaved families.
The deadly attack, which took place on April 22 last year in Pahalgam, claimed the lives of 26 people, mostly tourists, triggering nationwide outrage and grief.
A year later, the tragedy continues to resonate across the country, with leaders cutting across party lines remembering the victims and condemning terrorism in the strongest terms.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the victims “will never be forgotten,” describing the attack as a tragedy that remains etched in the nation’s conscience. In a message, he expressed condolences to the bereaved families and reaffirmed India’s collective resolve against terror.
“Remembering the innocent lives lost in the gruesome Pahalgam terror attack on this day last year. They will never be forgotten. My thoughts are with the families as they cope with this loss. India will never bow to any form of terror. The heinous designs of terrorists will never succeed,” he said.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh termed the attack a “cowardly act” and paid heartfelt tributes to the victims.
He said the country shares the pain of the affected families and has demonstrated a firm and decisive response to terrorism.
“India has faced decades of cross-border terrorism, but our response today is firm, decisive and unwavering. Any attempt to harm our citizens or disrupt national unity will be met with strength and clarity,” he said.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah also paid homage, stating that the grief of the victims’ families continues to be shared by every Indian. He described terrorism as the “greatest enemy of humanity” and reiterated the government’s zero-tolerance policy.
“On this day, we remember the innocent lives lost in the horrific attack. India will continue its fight against terrorism and those who support it,” he said.
President Droupadi Murmu expressed deep condolences, stating that such acts of violence cannot weaken the country’s commitment to peace and unity. Vice-President C. P. Radhakrishnan also reaffirmed India’s determination to defeat terrorism in all its forms.
Leaders from across the political spectrum echoed similar sentiments. Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi said the nation would never forgive those responsible for the attack, while Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge emphasised unity and resilience in the fight against terrorism. Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra termed the attack a “crime against humanity” and asserted that India would neither forget nor forgive the perpetrators.
In Jammu, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha paid tributes to the civilians who lost their lives in the attack and reiterated the administration’s firm resolve to eliminate terrorism from Jammu and Kashmir.
In a statement, the Lieutenant Governor has said: “Humble tributes to the innocent souls who lost their lives in the gruesome terror attack in Pahalgam on this day in 2025. Their memory endures indelibly in our hearts. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.
We will not forget. We will not forgive. This is our solemn vow. India stands unified against terrorism. We pledge unwavering commitment and resolute determination to eradicate terrorism from the soil of Jammu Kashmir,” he added.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday paid tribute to the victims on the first anniversary of the Pahalgam terror attack.
In a post on X, the Chief Minister said the people of Jammu and Kashmir remain united against terrorism and violence, and reiterated the government’s commitment to prevent such incidents in the future.
“One year on, we remain united against terror and violence. We are resolute in our effort to rid J&K of suffering and innocent deaths, and committed to ensuring such tragedies do not recur. We also stand in solidarity with the families who lost their loved ones in that cowardly attack,” he said.
Talking to media at Government Medical College Jammu, following a recent bus accident in Udhampur district that left over 20 people dead and several others injured, CM Omar said preventing a recurrence of incidents like the Pahalgam terror attack remains a top priority, asserting that all efforts are being made to ensure such tragedies do not happen again.
Marking the first anniversary of the attack, which claimed 26 lives, including tourists and a local pony operator, the Chief Minister said the day continues to weigh heavily on the collective conscience of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
“We pay tribute to the innocent lives lost in a senseless act of terror. They had come here only to spend their holidays but were mercilessly targeted. We stand firmly with their families even today,” he said.
He emphasised that a coordinated approach involving the elected government, the Centre, and security agencies is essential to ensure lasting peace and stability in the region.
“On that day, we resolved that we must do everything possible to ensure such incidents never happen again. Whether it is the elected government, the central government or the law enforcement machinery, all will work together towards this goal,” CM said.
Referring to Pakistan, CM Omar said that while assessments about changes following Operation Sindoor are best left to intelligence agencies, the priority remains to thwart any such attempts in the future.
“We will make every possible effort to ensure that even if there are attempts, they do not succeed. That remains our focus,” he added.
On the impact of the Pahalgam attack on tourism, he said the government remains focused on maintaining normalcy and restoring confidence among visitors. “It is your job to assess outcomes; ours is to continue making efforts. We are working to ensure normalcy,” he said, adding that while there has been some impact, the situation is expected to improve as the season progresses.
Expressing optimism, he said Jammu and Kashmir is likely to witness a strong influx of tourists, including pilgrims visiting the Vaishno Devi Temple and those undertaking the annual Amarnath Yatra.
The attack, carried out on April 22, 2025, by The Resistance Front, an offshoot of Lashkar-e-Taiba, saw terrorists open fire on tourists after identifying their religion, in one of the most brutal civilian-targeted incidents in recent years.
Among those killed were 25 tourists and a local pony ride operator who attempted to save them.
In response to the Pahalgam terror attack, Indian armed forces launched Operation Sindoor on the intervening night of May 6-7, 2025.
The well-coordinated strikes carried out by the Indian Armed Forces precisely hit nine terrorist camps in Pakistan.

Irfan Yattoo

Irfan Yattoo

Related Posts

People’s Participation Vital to Counter Terrorism, Narco-Terror: LG Sinha

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

• LG lays foundation stone of Amriteshwar Sarovar at Sunderbani in Rajouri • Says “community solidarity essential to counter terror,...

Read moreDetails

World sees India as bright spot for growth: PM Modi

Paper Leak Accused Won’t Be Spared, Fast-Track Courts to Be Set Up: PM Modi
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

Says "Production Linked Punishment model of earlier 'License Raj' governments" Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at Congress...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha Calls Agriculture a New Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship

LG Sinha invites suggestions for SMVDSB’s upcoming ‘International Goddess Museum’ at Katra
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

•Urges youth to turn local agricultural challenges into startups and jobs •Calls for greater use of AI, technology and innovation...

Read moreDetails

Govt’s committed to deport every illegal immigrant from country: HM Amit Shah

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

Siliguri( West Bengal) :The Union Home and Cooperatives Minister, Amit Shah inaugurated a 6-day awareness exhibition on the three New...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

Says “Garden showcases creative reuse of discarded materials, promotes sustainable landscaping” Srinagar :Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday inaugurated Srinagar’s first...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by Irfan Yattoo
August 22, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional performance in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire