• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

Govt withdraws 6,000 posts from JKSSB recruitment, new notification in August

K H News Service by K H News Service
June 21, 2024
in Top News
A A
Class IV posts: JKSSB’s Portal records 1,13,200 registrations; 47,950 candidates submit online application so far
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar: The anticipation among the youth of Jammu and Kashmir for government jobs has been prolonged as the government has withdrawn approximately 6,000 posts that were referred to the Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board (JKSSB) for recruitment.
This decision affects various departments, including the Home Department, for positions intended for the financial years 2022 to 2023.
The posts withdrawn include around 752 police sub-inspectors, approximately 4,000 police constables, 150 positions of Junior Engineer Civil, about 200 electrical engineers, among others. These positions were referred to JKSSB without finalizing the new reservation rules.
The Central Government recently allocated a ten percent reservation to the hill community of the state.
Due to this new reservation policy, the posts had to be withdrawn to align with the updated reservation rules. The General Administration Department has instructed the concerned departments to finalize the reservation rules before referring these posts back to JKSSB.
This adjustment process is expected to take one to two months. Consequently, JKSSB will likely issue notifications for these new posts only after August. JKSSB Chairman Rakesh Sharma confirmed that all the posts have been withdrawn and will be re-referred following the establishment of the new reservation rules, after which the recruitment process can proceed.
In related developments, the recruitment process for the posts in the Forest Department, including Forest Guard and Forester, is expected to commence by the end of July. This process will start with a physical examination followed by a written test. Although notifications for these positions were issued in 2022, the recruitment process has yet to begin even after 2023.
Additionally, the deadline for applying for the position of District Judge has been extended to July 15. The Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh High Court’s Additional Registrar Administrative issued this extension order, pushing back the initial deadline from June 5 to provide more time for online applications

K H News Service

K H News Service

Related Posts

People’s Participation Vital to Counter Terrorism, Narco-Terror: LG Sinha

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

• LG lays foundation stone of Amriteshwar Sarovar at Sunderbani in Rajouri • Says “community solidarity essential to counter terror,...

Read moreDetails

World sees India as bright spot for growth: PM Modi

Paper Leak Accused Won’t Be Spared, Fast-Track Courts to Be Set Up: PM Modi
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says "Production Linked Punishment model of earlier 'License Raj' governments" Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at Congress...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha Calls Agriculture a New Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship

LG Sinha invites suggestions for SMVDSB’s upcoming ‘International Goddess Museum’ at Katra
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

•Urges youth to turn local agricultural challenges into startups and jobs •Calls for greater use of AI, technology and innovation...

Read moreDetails

Govt’s committed to deport every illegal immigrant from country: HM Amit Shah

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Siliguri( West Bengal) :The Union Home and Cooperatives Minister, Amit Shah inaugurated a 6-day awareness exhibition on the three New...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says “Garden showcases creative reuse of discarded materials, promotes sustainable landscaping” Srinagar :Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday inaugurated Srinagar’s first...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional performance in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire