• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

J&K NIA court issues non-bailable warrant against Hafiz Saeed in Pahalgam terror attack case

Agencies by Agencies
July 15, 2026
in Top News
A A
OGW Network Case: NIA Raids Underway in South Kashmir
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Jammu: In Jammu and Kashmir, a special NIA court in Jammu has issued a non-bailable warrant against Hafiz Saeed, the Pakistan-based chief of the proscribed terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba, in connection with a case pertaining to the ongoing probe into the Pahalgam terror attack. Akashvani Jammu Correspondent reports that the order was passed by the Special Judge of the NIA Court on July 8; two days after the NIA filed a supplementary chargesheet against Saeed in the Pahalgam terror attack case.
The supplementary chargesheet, filed before the special NIA court in Jammu, charges the 76-year-old Saeed in both his personal capacity and as the chief of the proscribed Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and its proxy front, The Resistance Front (TRF). He has been booked under multiple provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), 2023, and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
According to the court order, the NIA informed the court that absconding terrorist Saeed, a resident of Sargodha in Pakistan’s Punjab province, is an accused in Pahalgam terror attack and has been deliberately evading arrest.
The agency sought the issuance of an open-dated non-bailable warrant against him to initiate further proceedings in the matter and take legal action against him at any further investigation. On April 22 last year, terrorists killed 26 people, mostly tourists, at Pahalgam in south Kashmir. Saeed, designated a global terrorist by India and the United States, is also considered the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Border villages the frontline of nation’s identity, development: LG Sinha

Border villages the frontline of nation’s identity, development: LG Sinha
by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

• Says “Road connectivity, electrification, telecom and education have transformed border areas” • “The Top four priorities are self-reliance, youth...

Read moreDetails

MHA excludes 8 regions including J&K, Ladakh from 2024 CAA order

MHA constitutes panel to coordinate investigations against 3 Gandhi family trusts
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

Pending applications to be transferred to collectors New Delhi The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued an order specifying...

Read moreDetails

Union Cabinet Approves High Court Bench for Ladakh

No atonement for sons who don’t take care of parents: Karnataka HC
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

“Govt Committed to Regional Growth, Constitutional Safeguards” New Delhi: The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar lays foundation of modern mechanized abattoir in Srinagar

BJP’s legal notice a ‘love letter’, mark of respect: CM Omar
by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

• Says “₹25.87 Cr facility to process 5,000 sheep, goats daily” • Equipped with modern hygiene, waste management and environmental...

Read moreDetails

DGP Reviews Security For Upcoming Kounsarnag Yatra At A Top Meet At PCR Srinagar

DGP Prabhat holds security review meet in Srinagar ahead of 6th anniversary of Art 370 abrogation
by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

Srinagar: Director General Jammu & Kashmir Police Nalin Prabhat on Thursday chaired a high-level security review meeting at the Police...

Read moreDetails

Ladakh Admin Drops Cases Against 25 Protesters, Unveils Major Recruitment Drive & Land Reforms

by Agencies
August 21, 2026

Panchayat Poll Preparations Underway as 1,340 Vacancies Filled Leh, Srinagar: The Ladakh Administration has officially set the stage for Panchayat...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire