• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Don’t need ceasefire that allow US to rearm: Iran

United News of India by United News of India
April 10, 2026
in Latest Update, World
A A
Don’t need ceasefire that allow US to rearm: Iran
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Tehran, April 10 (UNI) Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi on Friday cautioned that the United States could use a ceasefire to rearm and prepare for further aggression.

“We do not need a ceasefire that would allow the enemy to rearm and commit aggression again,” Takht-Ravanchi said, according to the Iranian government’s information portal.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump described the upcoming negotiations between Washington and Tehran as a “world’s most powerful reset” on Truth Social: “World’s most powerful reset!! President DJT.”

While Tehran has been insisting that it supports diplomacy and dialogue, the Iranian minister emphasised that any negotiations must not create conditions for another attack on Iranian territory. He added that Iran’s 10-point plan would serve as the basis for peace talks.

Takht-Ravanchi also noted that Iran’s military actions during the conflict had compelled the US and Israel to rethink their “strategic vision” regarding Tehran.

Earlier in the day, US Vice President JD Vance expressed hope for a positive outcome from talks hosted by Pakistan. Negotiations are scheduled to take place in Islamabad on Saturday morning.

On Tuesday, Trump announced a two-week bilateral ceasefire with Iran and stated that Tehran had agreed to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. Following this, Iran’s Supreme National Security Council confirmed that talks with the US would begin on Friday in Islamabad.

But Israel continued airstrikes and artillery on Lebanon and targeted more than a dozen settlements in southern Lebanon, including Tyre. Trump said that Israeli strikes on Lebanon was not part of the agreement with Iran due to Hezbollah, while Tehran considered the strikes a violation of the ceasefire.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry stressed that successful negotiations to end the US-Iran conflict depend on full adherence to ceasefire obligations on all fronts.

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Waste to Wonder Garden showcases, creativity, adds rustic cues in natural settings: CM Omar Abdullah SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister...

Read moreDetails

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: The Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) has placed a junior building inspector under suspension following her arrest in...

Read moreDetails

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Minister for Agriculture Production, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Cooperatives and Election Department, Javid Ahmad Dar, today...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday came out in support of Congress leader and...

Read moreDetails

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 21: An 18-year-old youth from Srinagar is feared to have drowned in Nallah Sindh near the dumping park...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire