• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

This year’s longest anti militancy operation year called off in Kashmir’s Kulgam

United News of India by United News of India
August 12, 2025
in Latest Update
A A
Army personnel at the encounter site in Khanday Pora in Kulgam

Army personnel at the encounter site in Khanday Pora area Kulgam district. UNI

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail
Srinagar | Aug, 12 : The 11-day-long anti-militancy operation in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir was called off today after security forces failed to establish any contact with militants for the past 48 hours.

Security officials said there had been no exchange of fire since Saturday morning in Akhal forest, and it was suspected that the hiding terrorists may have slipped away, taking advantage of the thick foliage and deep ravines in the area.

“ The operation has been closed,” a security official said. The joint operation was launched on August 1 following credible intelligence about the presence of a large group of militants in the dense forest belt. In the initial exchange of fire, one militant, believed to be a local, was killed.

Nearly a week later, a fierce gunfight erupted, resulting in the killing of two soldiers from the Army’s elite counter-insurgency unit — Lance Naik Pritpal Singh of Manupur village in Khanna, Punjab, and Sepoy Harminder Singh of Badinpur village in Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab. Eight soldiers were also injured in the entire operation and are reported to be in stable condition.

Throughout the operation, security forces deployed ground combing parties, drone surveillance, thermal imaging devices, and sniffer dogs in an effort to track down the holed up militants.

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 : People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed Ur Rehman Para on Saturday criticized the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone

PC Crowns “Pellet Queen” title to Mehbooba Mufti; Demands Unconditional Apology for Kashmiri Pellet Victims
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: Peoples Conference President Sajad Gani Lone on Saturday said the 6.8% hike in electricity tariff is definitely...

Read moreDetails

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Youth had gone missing while bathing near Kijpara in Kangan; search operation launched by police and locals Ganderbal, Aug 22:...

Read moreDetails

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 23:An elderly woman was injured after being attacked by a wild bear in Achabal area of south Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire