• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

GoI will resume work on Wullar barrage: Union Power Minister

K H News Service by K H News Service
June 13, 2025
in Top News
A A
Vande Bharat Trains will ferry fruits, vegetables to every corner of country: Khattar
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar: With Indus Water Treaty (IWT) being put in abeyance, Union Minister of Power and Housing and Urban Affairs, Manohar Lal Khattar Thursday said that the Government of India (GoI) was no longer answerable to Pakistan and will resume work on Wullar barrage project.
Speaking at a press conference—marking 11 years of the BJP-led Central government, Khattar said “Earlier we had to take them (Pakistan) on board with regard to the any project or development in this regard. Now, the situation has changed.”
“Previously in 1981, there was a new project near Wullar Lake, Pakistan had not allowed and permitted to build the barrage on the River Jhelum at the mouth of Wullar Lake,” he said.
The minister said that because of the treaty, the project could not be taken forward. “However, after putting the Indus Water Treaty in abeyance, there is no requirement of any permission from Pakistan and we will resume the work on the project.”
About the threats, Khattar said, “Pakistan has got the response during Operation Sindoor and they will again get the answer with the same force if they dare to do anything with regard to the Indus Water Treaty.”
“After the operation Sindoor, Pakistan has been badly affected by the abeyance of Indus Water Treaty and PM Modi has clearly said that Terror and Talks, Terror and Trade and Blood and Water can’t go together. This a clear message to every country of the world,” he said

K H News Service

K H News Service

Related Posts

LG Leads 81st J&K Sainik Board to Boost Veteran Welfare & Healthcare

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by K H News Service
August 19, 2026

Key Healthcare & Grievance Redressal Push for Veterans and Veer Naris LG Chairs State Panel on Armed Forces Flag Day...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Reviews Final Prep for First J&K Int’l Film Festival

CM Omar Reviews Final Prep for First J&K Int’l Film Festival
by K H News Service
August 19, 2026

Says“Film Fest to Boost J&K’s Cultural & Creative Exchange” CM Reviews Plans for J&K Film Festival Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar...

Read moreDetails

Trump holds up India’s election system as model, pushes US Congress to pass SAVE America Act

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 19, 2026

Washington : US President Donald Trump cited India's election system as a perfect model for the United States, pointing to...

Read moreDetails

After suspicious movement reports, security forces launch searches in Udhampur, Reasi

LG chairs a high-level security review meeting in the aftermath of Reasi killings
by Agencies
August 19, 2026

Jammu: Security forces on Tuesday launched search operations at several locations in Udhampur and Reasi districts following reports of suspicious...

Read moreDetails

NTA revamps its examination team: 600 experts removed, offices shifted to new premises

“Website, all portals fully secure”, Says NTA amid irregularities allegations
by Agencies
August 19, 2026

New Delhi: The National Testing Agency has revamped its examination team by removing 600 experts and on boarding new experts....

Read moreDetails

J&K Sets Up District Task Forces to Tackle Highway Safety on Supreme Court Mandate

Transforming the Jammu-Srinagar Highway – A Beacon of Progress
by K H News Service
August 19, 2026

Srinagar: Following directives from the Supreme Court of India in the Phalodi Accident vs. NHAI case, the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire