• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Police Denies Claims of Pressuring Non-Local Laborers to Leave Kashmir After Attack, Calls Reports Baseless

K H News Service by K H News Service
October 22, 2024
in Latest Update
A A
J&K Police announces bounty of Rs 10 lakh on militant Muhammad Qasim Gujjar
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail
G’bal| Oct,22: The Jammu & Kashmir police, on Tuesday, said that Police is committed to the safety and security of every individual in the region.
Ganderbal Police was responding to claims made by former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti regarding reports that non-local laborers are being pressured to leave the Kashmir Valley after a recent attack in Sonamarg. Mufti had tweeted, expressing concern that the local administration was urging laborers to leave immediately, warning that such actions could create further panic and send a negative message across the country. In her tweet, Mufti said “After the barbaric attack at Sonamarg, there are reports that the local admin is pressurizing non-local laborers to leave the valley immediately… J&K recently witnessed peaceful terror-free elections, and this knee-jerk reaction will only prove otherwise.” She also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and LG Manoj Sinha to intervene and ensure laborers are given adequate time to depart safely.
In response, Ganderbal police issued a statement, calling the reports “completely baseless.” The police affirmed their commitment to ensuring the security and safety of all individuals earning their livelihood in the region. The Inspector General of Police, Kashmir Range, V K Birdi has issued a statement reassuring that no such directive had been given, and that efforts to maintain a sense of safety for laborers are ongoing. “Social media reports claiming the local administration has asked non-local workers to leave the valley are false. The Jammu and Kashmir Police is committed to ensure security and fostering a safe environment for all individuals to pursue their livelihoods without fear or intimidation. General public is advised not to pay heed to such false information on social media platforms,” IGP Kashmir said in a statement.
K H News Service

K H News Service

Related Posts

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 : People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed Ur Rehman Para on Saturday criticized the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone

PC Crowns “Pellet Queen” title to Mehbooba Mufti; Demands Unconditional Apology for Kashmiri Pellet Victims
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: Peoples Conference President Sajad Gani Lone on Saturday said the 6.8% hike in electricity tariff is definitely...

Read moreDetails

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Youth had gone missing while bathing near Kijpara in Kangan; search operation launched by police and locals Ganderbal, Aug 22:...

Read moreDetails

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 23:An elderly woman was injured after being attacked by a wild bear in Achabal area of south Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails

Power Tariff in J&K Likely to Rise From September 1 as JERC Approves 6.83% Average Hike

Power Tariff in J&K Likely to Rise From September 1 as JERC Approves 6.83% Average Hike
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22, KNT: Electricity consumers across Jammu and Kashmir are likely to face higher power bills from September 1...

Read moreDetails

EOW Kashmir chargesheets habitual offender in fake job fraud case

EOW Kashmir chargesheets habitual offender in fake job fraud case
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) Kashmir of Crime Branch J&K on Saturday said it had filed a...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire