• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home World

N Korea accuses US, Japan, S Korea of creating ‘NATO of Asian version’

United News of India by United News of India
July 1, 2024
in World
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Pyongyang: The North Korean Foreign Ministry has accused Japan, the United States and South Korea (ROK) of creating a “NATO of Asian version” over holding trilateral military drills earlier in the month, North Korean state-run news agency KCNA reported on Sunday.
On Saturday, Freedom Edge, a three-day military exercise involving Japan, the US and South Korea concluded in the East China Sea. The drills, which will be conducted annually, were designed at the three-way summit at Camp David last August to boost military cooperation amid tensions on the Korean peninsula amid North Korea’s increased tests of ballistic missiles.
“The U.S. is now claiming that the U.S.-Japan-ROK relations are just cooperative ones for strengthening regional stability and security and do not mean NATO of Asian version, but it is nothing but rhetoric to evade international criticism of the formation of an aggressive bloc,” the ministry said.
At the conclusion of the Camp David summit, the US, Japan and South Korea agreed to respond immediately to any threat against any of them, the statement read.
“This is, in essence, reminiscent of NATO’s principle of collective defense,” the ministry added.
The three countries already share missile threat data in real time, the statement read.
“As NATO stages annual joint military drills in all spheres including land, sea, air and cyberspace, the U.S., Japan and the ROK decided to regularly stage tripartite multi-domain joint military drills. This means that the U.S.-Japan-ROK relations have taken on the full-fledged appearance of Asian-version NATO,” the foreign ministry added.
Unlike AUKUS, the new trilateral military bloc is a “war and aggression mechanism” and is ready to enter into military confrontation with other countries on Washington’s orders, the statement read.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that the trilateral military alliance between Washington, Seoul and Tokyo is aimed not only against North Korea, but also to contain Moscow and Beijing. The only real threat in the Indo-Pacific region is US policy, while other issues, including North Korea’s missile policy, must be resolved through a collective response, the ministry added.
UNI/SPUTNIK

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

Trump holds up India’s election system as model, pushes US Congress to pass SAVE America Act

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 19, 2026

Washington : US President Donald Trump cited India's election system as a perfect model for the United States, pointing to...

Read moreDetails

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Moscow, Aug 10 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump privately floated the idea of possibly ending the conflict with Iran without...

Read moreDetails

Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi Aramco facility in Jizan

Hermes 900 Starliner Drones Set To Be Inducted Into Indian Army
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Jijan, Aug 9 (UNI) Yemen's Houthi group on Sunday claimed responsibility for a drone attack on a Saudi Aramco facility...

Read moreDetails

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap
by United News of India
August 9, 2026

      High-level phone call reaffirms commitment to critical tech, defense, trade         MEA firmly dismisses US congressional comments on FCRA...

Read moreDetails

Trump says he still wants to reach deal with Iran

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 6, 2026

Washington, Aug 6 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump said that he still wants to reach a deal with Iran. "I'd...

Read moreDetails

Last chance’ before ‘decapitation’: Trump after halting ‘biggest attack since World War II

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 4, 2026

Washington, Aug 4 (UNI) President Donald Trump said Iran had one "last chance" to accept a US nuclear deal before...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire