• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

SIA files chargesheet against 12 accused in Kashmiri Pandit murder case

Agencies by Agencies
January 20, 2024
in Latest Update
A A
“Too Little Too Late” Say Judge Ganjoo’s Family As J&K Police Reopen 1984 Murder Case

SIA search

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar|Jan, 20 : Jammu and Kashmir Police’s State Investigation Agency (SIA) on Saturday filed a chargesheet before the special designated court at Pulwama against 12 individuals, including three dead militants, in connection with the murder case of Kashmiri Pandit in February last year.

Kashmiri Pandit Sanjay Sharma, who worked as an ATM guard, was shot dead by militants in the Achan area of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 26.

The case of killing of Sharma was initially investigated by Pulwama Police and subsequently it was transferred to the SIA Kashmir for specialized investigation. In less than a year, the SIA completed the investigation of the case and filed the chargesheet.

The SIA said the investigation of the case revealed that the accused individuals were acting on instructions from terror handlers across the border. The charge sheet in the murder case was filed against 12 individuals before the Special Designated Court under the National Investigation Agency Act at Pulwama.

The chargesheet was filed against Jazim Farooq Wani alias Abrar of Heff-Shirmal Shopian; an individual with code name Khalid based in Pakistan; Zaffar Hussain Bhat alias Khursheed Kashmiri of Livar Sallar Srigufwara, Anantnag; Nassir Farooq Shah of Wanteng Mohalla, Bijbehara Anantnag; Aamir Hussain Wani of Ashajipora, Anantnag; Shameem Ahmad Bhat alias Uncle Heff-Shirmal, Shopian; Towseef Ahmad Pandith of Jablipora Bijbehara, Anantnag; Sajjad Ahmad Bhat alias AfnanBhat of Goriwan, Bijbehara Anantnag; Sarjeel Ahmad Bhat of Reshipora Qaimoh,Kulgam; Danish Ahmad Thokar of Chakoora, Shopian; Ubaid Ahmad Paddar of Chakoora, Shopian and Sahil Bashir Dar of Dhobi-Gath Bijbehara, Anantnag.

The SIA said out of the 12, three militants Jazim Wani, Danish Thokar, and Ubaid Paddar were killed in separate gun battles. SIA said Jazim Wani, who pulled the trigger, received weapon handling training from Nassir Shah on the directives of a Pakistani handler known with code name Khalid Kamran. “Eight accused, including 3 juveniles, are currently under judicial custody,” SIA said, adding two accused Zaffar Bhat and Khalid who is based in Pakistan are presently absconding.

The SIA said an individual Yasir Shabir was also detained during the investigation of the case and he has not been charged in the case. However, SIA said the investigation against Yasir continues.

The SIA said the investigation revealed that the accused individuals were acting on instructions from terror handlers across the border, maintaining communication via encrypted online messaging platforms.

The SIA after taking over the case of the investigation found a broader conspiracy originating from across the border. “The aim was to disrupt the revival of peace and communal harmony in the valley, using the murder of an innocent person from the minority community to fuel communal disharmony and sustain terrorism,” the SIA said. Upon taking over the case, SIA Kashmir conducted extensive searches across South Kashmir, unearthing vital physical and technical evidence.

This evidence exposed the accused persons’ involvement in the crime, including providing logistical support, harbouring the accused, and concealing evidence. During the course of investigation, SIA conducted five rounds of extensive searches at 32 Locations across the valley, during which evidence in the shape of mobile devices, incriminating documents viz Bank Documents and a Pistol magazine and live cartridges were seized, the Agency said.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Waste to Wonder Garden showcases, creativity, adds rustic cues in natural settings: CM Omar Abdullah SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister...

Read moreDetails

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: The Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) has placed a junior building inspector under suspension following her arrest in...

Read moreDetails

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Minister for Agriculture Production, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Cooperatives and Election Department, Javid Ahmad Dar, today...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday came out in support of Congress leader and...

Read moreDetails

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 21: An 18-year-old youth from Srinagar is feared to have drowned in Nallah Sindh near the dumping park...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire