• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home World

Yemen’s Houthis claim fresh attacks on 2 ships in Red Sea

United News of India by United News of India
December 18, 2023
in World
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Sanaa: Yemen’s Houthi militia on Monday claimed responsibility for attacks on an oil ship and a cargo ship in the southern part of the Red Sea, near the Bab al-Mandab Strait.
“Our naval forces carried out a qualitative military operation against two ships linked to Israel. One was the Swan Atlantic loaded with oil, and the other was the MSC Clara carrying containers. We targeted them with two seaplanes,” Houthi military spokesman Yehya Sarea said in a statement aired by the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV.
“The attack came after the two ships’ crews refused to respond to calls from our naval forces,” he said.
The spokesman reiterated that the group would not harm ships passing through, excluding those heading to Israeli ports, while asking all voyaging ships to “keep the communication devices open.”
“We confirm that we will continue to prevent all ships heading to Israeli ports from navigating in the Red Sea and Arab Sea, irrespective of their national origin, unless more food and medicine are allowed into the Gaza Strip,” Sarea added.
This is the latest in a series of attacks claimed by the Houthi rebels against ships navigating in the international waters off Yemen since the Israel-Hamas conflict broke out on Oct. 7.
Earlier in the day, on the social media platform X, Britain’s Maritime Trade Operations agency reported six attacks on several commercial ships passing through the Red Sea off Yemen, near the Bab al-Mandab Strait, including a ship that sustained severe damage on one of its sides after being hit by a projectile.
On Friday, the group claimed responsibility for missile attacks on two Israel-bound cargo ships — MSC Alanya and MSC Palatium III.
On Thursday, the Houthis said they attacked a cargo ship with a bomb-laden drone after it refused to obey the order to stop its voyage in the Red Sea and go back.
On Tuesday, the group said it launched a missile at an Israel-bound Norwegian oil ship in the Red Sea.
On Nov. 19, its fighters hijacked a commercial ship, Galaxy Leader, in the Red Sea and brought it to Hodeidah.
The Houthi rebels have controlled large swathes of northern Yemen, including the capital Sanaa and the strategic Red Sea port city of Hodeidah.
UNI/XINHUA

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

Trump holds up India’s election system as model, pushes US Congress to pass SAVE America Act

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 19, 2026

Washington : US President Donald Trump cited India's election system as a perfect model for the United States, pointing to...

Read moreDetails

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Moscow, Aug 10 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump privately floated the idea of possibly ending the conflict with Iran without...

Read moreDetails

Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi Aramco facility in Jizan

Hermes 900 Starliner Drones Set To Be Inducted Into Indian Army
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Jijan, Aug 9 (UNI) Yemen's Houthi group on Sunday claimed responsibility for a drone attack on a Saudi Aramco facility...

Read moreDetails

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap
by United News of India
August 9, 2026

      High-level phone call reaffirms commitment to critical tech, defense, trade         MEA firmly dismisses US congressional comments on FCRA...

Read moreDetails

Trump says he still wants to reach deal with Iran

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 6, 2026

Washington, Aug 6 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump said that he still wants to reach a deal with Iran. "I'd...

Read moreDetails

Last chance’ before ‘decapitation’: Trump after halting ‘biggest attack since World War II

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 4, 2026

Washington, Aug 4 (UNI) President Donald Trump said Iran had one "last chance" to accept a US nuclear deal before...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire