• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home World

Doha confirms receiving $6bln in Iran’s unfrozen funds for US-Iran prisoner swap

United News of India by United News of India
September 18, 2023
in World
A A
Doha confirms receiving $6bln in Iran’s unfrozen funds for US-Iran prisoner swap
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Doha: Qatar has informed the United States and Iran that $6 billion in unfrozen Iranian funds have been transferred to bank accounts in Doha in connection to a prisoner swap deal between the two countries, Reuters reported on Monday, citing sources familiar with the matter.

Earlier in the day, the Iranian Foreign Ministry said that the prisoner exchange between Tehran and Washington would take place on September 18.

“Both parties have been notified by Qatar that all $6 billion has been transferred from Switzerland to bank accounts in Qatar,” the source told the news agency.

A Qatari plane with five US citizens, who were previously detained in Iran, and their two relatives on board is ready to take off to deliver them to Doha, the source also said.

Last week, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said that Tehran would spend $6 billion in funds to be released following the prisoner exchange agreement with the United States wherever the country considers necessary. Earlier that week, a US State Department spokesperson confirmed to Sputnik that Secretary of State Antony Blinken had signed a waiver advancing the prisoner exchange deal with Iran that lifted a hold on $6 billion of Iranian funds, which would be moved from bank accounts in South Korea to Qatar. The US authorities also said that Tehran would be able to spend the fund on humanitarian needs only, while the US would control the spending process.

UNI/SPUTNIK

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

Trump holds up India’s election system as model, pushes US Congress to pass SAVE America Act

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 19, 2026

Washington : US President Donald Trump cited India's election system as a perfect model for the United States, pointing to...

Read moreDetails

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Moscow, Aug 10 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump privately floated the idea of possibly ending the conflict with Iran without...

Read moreDetails

Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi Aramco facility in Jizan

Hermes 900 Starliner Drones Set To Be Inducted Into Indian Army
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Jijan, Aug 9 (UNI) Yemen's Houthi group on Sunday claimed responsibility for a drone attack on a Saudi Aramco facility...

Read moreDetails

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap
by United News of India
August 9, 2026

      High-level phone call reaffirms commitment to critical tech, defense, trade         MEA firmly dismisses US congressional comments on FCRA...

Read moreDetails

Trump says he still wants to reach deal with Iran

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 6, 2026

Washington, Aug 6 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump said that he still wants to reach a deal with Iran. "I'd...

Read moreDetails

Last chance’ before ‘decapitation’: Trump after halting ‘biggest attack since World War II

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 4, 2026

Washington, Aug 4 (UNI) President Donald Trump said Iran had one "last chance" to accept a US nuclear deal before...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire