New Delhi|March,12 : Indian Railways has achieved a significant milestone in Railway electrification with the completion of electrification of Broad Gauge (BG) route in Uttrakhand state. This will improve rail connectivity and the speed of trains in the region.
Chief Public Relation Officer Deepak Kumar said that with 85% of Route Kilometers electrified, Indian Railways is rapidly progressing to accomplish Mission 100% electrification and become the largest green railway network in the world, Stating therein further that Moradabad Division has achieved 100% electrification in 1409.14 route kilometers. Stating that Currently Moradabad Division runs 40 out of 182 trains on electric traction in Uttarakhand area lies under Moradabad Division, the Chief Public Relations Officer further said that Dehradun, Rishikesh, Haridwar and Kotdwar stations of Uttarakhand state fall in Moradabad division which are 100% electrified.
“In year 2021-22, MB Division has also shown 22% saving in SEC (Specific Energy Consumption) as compared to previous year”, the Chief Public Relations Officer said , adding that switching to electric traction has provided following benefits:
- 1. Environmental-friendly mode of transport
- 2. Reduced dependence on imported diesel fuel, thereby saving precious foreign currency and reduced carbon footprints
- 3. Reduced operating cost
- 4. Haulage of heavier freight trains and longer passenger trains with high haulage capacity of Electric Locomotives leading to increased throughput.
- 5. Increased sectional capacity by eliminating detention on account of traction change.
- 6. Saving of Specific Energy Consumption.
Leave a Reply