Garlic is used in cooking vegetables,mutton, chicken and soft white cheese popularly called here in Kashmir “Paneer or Chamin”. Garlic is used as a spice in dishes prepared at homes, restaurants, and hotels. Botanically, garlic is a vegetable belonging to the onion family. Garlic has great and quite beneficial health benefits that is why it is consumed in different means. It has immense medical importance as well. Garlic has been used as herbal medicine for a long time due to its anti-cancer properties. It is mandatory for us all that we all have to take care of our health related issues. We have to take health and body heal food. The Almighty bestowed us unlimited food items. Every food item has its own benefit and contains a number of health benefits. Today in this article let’s know the health benefits of garlic:
China has a leading role in the production of garlic roundabout produces 74% globally. India is number second in the production of garlic. Bangladesh leads at the number third position in the production of garlic. The farmers of Kashmir valley produced garlic at very little quantum. The vernacular name for the garlic in Kashmir is “RUHAN”. Garlic is widely used in Kashmir. Consumed through different means like added in dishes, pickles etc.
Benefits of garlic: Garlic has anti-cancer properties:-
1: according to research, garlic can prevent colon cancer.
2. Garlic can boost the immune system, which helps us to fight with different types of infections like viral infection, bacterial infection etc.
3. Garlic can reduce high blood pressure and keeps you away from heart related diseases.
4. Reduces the bad cholesterol level as well in the body. 5. It has antibiotic properties as well.
6 It is used for anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Garlic is a good nutritional food used as medicine for chronic kidney disease.
7. As per the studies due to presence of sulphur compound in it garlic are the primary cause of its effective health benefits.
8. Garlic can prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia. Garlic is rich in antioxidants which can help prevent any oxidative damage from getting in the body. All these antioxidant properties can help prevent certain cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Suggestions: At our homes we have kept available all the beneficial food items. We have to use them regularly, consume all the essential food items regularly and keep ourselves healthy and fit. As we know our body needs a balanced diet. Balanced diet: Balanced can have adequate amount of food items which fulfils our body’s requirement. Balanced diet must contain vitamins, fats, minerals, proteins etc. so we have to do exercises regularly and take sufficient amounts of water. Water hydrates our body and makes us feel energetic and fresh the whole day.
(The author a resident of Raiyar Budgam is a freelancer. The views, opinions, facts, assumptions, presumptions and conclusions expressed in this article are author’s own and aren’t necessarily in accord with the views of “Kashmir Horizon”.)