Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir Police on Thursday said that it arrested gamblers and recovered cash of Rs 1.05 lakhs from their possession at Janipur Jammu.
In a statement issued on Thursday police said “police party of Police Station Janipur headed by SHO P/S Janipur Inspr. Nayat Ali while on patrolling duty in the area under its jurisdiction of P/S Janipur received an information about the gamblers in the residential house of one person namely Vikram Kumar following which police team reached on the spot and found seven gamblers along with Rs. 1.05 lakhs of stake money and one deck of playing cards”.
Stating that case FIR No. 81/2021 u/s 3/4/5 Gambling Act was registered at P/S Janipur and accused have been arrested, the police in it’s statement identified the accused as under :-
1) Vikrant Singh S/O Ghar Singh R/O Lower Roop Nagar
2) Rajiv Sharma S/O Omkar Nath R/O Panjthirthi
3) Ritiq Mahajan S/O Parkash Gupta R/O Janipur Colony
4) Subash Chander S/O Tej Raj R/O Janipur Colony
5) Rahul Sharma S/O Sham Lal R/O Shivalik Puram
6) Surinder Kumar S/O Mohan Lal R/O Janipur
7) Vikram Kumar S/O Joginder Kumar R/O Shant Nagar, Old Janipur
Police in the concluding para of it’s statement said that the overall arrest and recoveries were made under the supervision of SDPO City West Rahul Nagar, stating therein further that investigation of the case is going on.