Jammu: Police in Jammu on Thursday said that it has seized nine different vehicles involved in illegal mining in Jammu district.
In a statement issued on Thursday police said “Continuing it’s drive against the menace of illegal mining, a multi-pronged strategy was devised by Jammu Police in which dedicated police teams of PS Jhajjar Kotli, PP Beli Charana PP Sidhra, BPP Gajansoo and BPP Kirpalpur acted stringently on the specific inputs and raided at different locations in their respective areas and seized nine different vehicles involved in illegal mining.
Details of the vehicles seized, according to the police statement, are as under:
1) 2 vehicle i.e 2 tippers bearing registration Nos. JK02BX 2286 and JK02BW 2533, by PS Jhajjar Kotli
2) 2 vehicles i.e 1 Tipper bearing registration no JK02CN 2407 and 1 tractor trolley without Registration Nos, by PP Sidhra
3) 3 vehicles i.e 3 dumpers bearing Registration Nos JK12B 0812, JK12B 3689 and JK12B 3631, by PP Beli Charana
4) 1 vehicle i.e 1 tractor trolley without Registration No, by BPP Gajansoo
5) 1 tractor trolley without Registration Number, by BPP Kirpalpur
In the concluding para of the above referred statement police said “the mining was done in violation of order of High Court of J&K and to strictly implement the drive against illegal mining and to tighten noose against the violators of the law Jammu Police has initiated strict action”.