Jammu/ May, 25 : Police in Jammu on Tuesday said that it has seized twelve vehicles involved in illegal mining at different places in Jammu district.
A police statement issued on Tuesday said ” a multi-pronged strategy was devised by Jammu Police in which dedicated police teams of PS Arnia, PS Jhajjar Kotli, PS Nagrota, PS Bishnah and PP Sidhra acted stringently on the specific inputs and raided at different locations in their respective areas and seized 12 different vehicles involved in illegal mining”. Details of the vehicles seized, according to the police statement, are as under:
1) 3 vehicles i.e 3 dumpers bearing Registration Nos.JK02TR/6505, JK02CS-8204 and JK21C-2924, by PS Bishnah
2) 3 vehicles i.e. 1 dumper bearing Registration No JK02BS 8565, 2 tippers bearing Registration Nos. JK02CE 4140 and JK14C 5664, by PS Jhajjar Kotli.
3) 2 vehilcles i.e 1 tipper bearing Registration No. JK02CK 3771 and 1 tractor trolley without Registration No., by PS Nagrota.
3) 3 vehicles i.e 3 tractor trollies without Registration Nos, by PP Sidhra.
4) 1 vehicle i.e 1 tractor trolley bearing Chasis No. T053339603BF, by PS Arnia.
In the concluding para of it’s statement police said “the mining was done in violation of order of Hon’ble High Court of J&k. In order to strictly implement the drive against illegal mining and to tighten noose against the violators of the law Jammu Police has initiated strict action”.