Jammu/ May,2 : Police in Jammu on Sunday said that six vehicles involved in illegal mining were on Sunday seized in Satwari area of Jammu city.
A police statement issued on Sunday said “Continuing its drive against illegal mining dedicated police teams of P/S Satwari were constituted under the supervision of SDPO South P K Mengi”, adding that ” the team led by SHO P/S Satwari Inspr. Nishant Gupta assisted by I/C PP Phallain Mandal and I/C PP Beli Charana during naka checking seized 6 different vehicles involved in illegal mining”. The vehicles seized, according to the police statement, included 1 JCB and 5 tractor trollies. The details of the vehicles seized are as under:
1) Tractor trolly bearing No. JK02BR/4326 (PP Phallain mandal )
2) Tractor trolly bearing Registration No. JK02CE/3812 ( PP Phallain mandal )
3) Tractor trolly chasis No. WYCA61618116863 ( PP Phallain mandal )
4) Tractor trolly chasis No. 00786 (PP Phallain mandal )
5) Tractor trolly chasis No. KBR01782 ( PP Phallain mandal )
6)Ch. No. Of JCB HAR3DXSSE01845078 ( PP Belicharana )
In the concluding para of it’s above referred statement police said ” the mining was done in violation of order of High Court of J&K. In order to strictly implement the drive against illegal mining and to tighten noose against the violators of the law Jammu Police has initiated strict action”.