Handwara: At least six shops were gutted in fierce fire at Wajhama village of Qaziabad in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Thursday morning.
According to locals fire engulfed in the shop of Mohammed Sultan Thoker and spreaded to near by shops resulting the damage of around half dozen shops.
It said that the fierce fight have damaged goods worth lakhs, the residents have appealed authorities to help the shopkeepers who lost their shops in the fire mishap.
They said soon after the fire broke out in the area loclas and fire tenders rushed to spot after their hectic efforts they managed to douse the flames.
Meanwhile Station House officer Qalamabad Javid Ahmad confirmed that skx shops were gutted in the fire incident, he however said that the cause of fire is due to short circuit. Ahmad further said that no one was hurt in the mishap.