Divorce or Talaq means to break a bond between two souls who earlier were combined through Nikah (Fathul Bari by Hafiz Ibni Hajar RA). Word Talaq existed in pre Islamic period also and in present days also it is prevalent. Talaq is permitted only when woman’s virtues, character and morals aren’t upto the mark and despite trying every legal means she isn’t in a position to correct herself ( Sheikh Soleh Alfuzan). Talaq is illegal when pronounced without a solid reason. Remember Talaq invites the wrath of Allah. Like in Nikah there are well defined rules in Talaq as well. Nikah isn’t the children’s game that you break whenever you wish instead it is a kind of worship.
Very few people are pleased with the better relationship between husband and wife. Majority of the people add fuel to the relationships when these are strained. Following are some of the causes of Increasing Divorce rates among couples……
1) It is the story of every household that when husband treats his spouse as per sunnah, either his father or mother or both feel displeased. It is strongly prohibited for the men of faith to provoke husband or wife against them each other.
2) Sometimes wife demands more than what the husband can afford, in such conditions relations get weakened. Instead of one’s demands it is better to prioritize spouse’s aspirations in order to strengthen the relations.
3) Black magic is still prevalent in our society. Many fake faith healers have opened the devilish shops of black magic only to loot the people. Satan’s biggest achievement is to separate a wife from her husband.
In order to live a happy and contended life, it is necessary to be glued to truthfulness and reality instead of using fake and deceitful tactics. For smooth functioning of the home it is necessary to help each other even in domestic affairs.
4) Extramarital relationship is another evil which is burning our homes. Some people marry a virtuous, simple and unfashionable woman. But outside the home they spent time and enjoy with beautiful, fashionable and good looking woman. So at the time of tying nuptials if Islamic perspectives are kept into consideration, thousands of families are saved from getting shattered. It is strongly prohibited for us to adopt the satanic way in order to save ourselves from his nefarious designs.
5) Our brides aren’t our maids but the queens. Prophet (PBUH) says “Daughters are the part of our liver “. When our daughters become the wives or daughters in law and instead of treating her humanly when they are tortured by domestic violence, it proves our beasty nature at that time.
6) Mehar is the exclusive property of wife. Sometimes selfish husbands demand huge dowries from wife and even grab the Mehar as well. This is another evil.
7) Though Talaq is a curse, sometimes it becomes a blessing also. You aren’t bound to follow your parents too incase they order something unislamic. So is the case Nikah as well. If husband compells his wife to do unislamic things, it is preferred for the wife to seek separation from her husband.
8) If the impotency of the husband is proved after the two are married, it is allowed for the wife to seek divorce.
9) Misunderstanding between husband and wife is biggest cause of divorce. It is better for both the individuals to respect each other’s aspirations, tastes, likes and dislikes. Talaq pronounced hurriedly without giving enough time to individuals for mutual understanding often proves a catastrophe for both the individuals. Instead of using the convective words if humanistic environment is synthesized, it can prove a blessing.
In order to live a happy and contended life, it is necessary to be glued to truthfulness and reality instead of using fake and deceitful tactics. For smooth functioning of the home it is necessary to help each other even in domestic affairs. Moreover studying Islamic literature of Imran Ayoub Lahori , Mohammed Iqbal Geelani and Mohammed Bin Saeed regarding Nikah and its duties can also help you in living a contended life. May almighty Allah keep us and our families in his own protection? Ameen!
(Author is a teacher at Govt Secondary School Anderwan Ganderbal. Views are his own) [email protected]