• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

PUBG MOBILE game among 118 addl chinese apps blocked by GoI

Agencies by Agencies
September 2, 2020
in Latest Update, Main Story
A A
PUBG MOBILE game among 118 addl chinese apps blocked by GoI
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/Sept,2: PUBG MOBILE, a wildly popular game in India, is among 118 more Chinese apps blocked by the government amid fresh tension over China’s provocation in Ladakh. The move was in the interest of India’s sovereignty and integrity, defence and security, the government said in a statement.

There are close to 33 million active PUBG players in India, according to reports. The game clocks some 13 million daily users.

According to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, the mobile game has been banned along with the other Apps under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, on grounds that “they are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order”.

“This decision is a targeted move to ensure safety, security and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace,” the statement said. This move, it said, would safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile and internet users.

The ministry said it had received many complaints about the misuse of some mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting user data to servers outside India.”The compilation of these data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, is a matter of very deep and immediate concern which requires emergency measures,” said the statement.The home ministry’s cybercrime centre had also recommended blocking these “malicious apps”, the government said.

The statement referred to bipartisan concerns flagged by various public representatives in parliament and outside. It said there had been a strong chorus in the public space to take strict action against Apps “that harm India’s sovereignty as well as the privacy of our citizens”.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22:- Director Agriculture Kashmir, Sartaj Ahmad Shah visited Seed Multiplication Farm Tapper Kreeri and took stock of various...

Read moreDetails

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR AUGUST 22:- A meeting of District Level Screening cum Coordination Committee (DLSCC) was today held under the chairmanship of...

Read moreDetails

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC
by United News of India
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 (UNI) The Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh has approved an average...

Read moreDetails

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 22: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Nalin Prabhat on Saturday conducted an operational review of...

Read moreDetails

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire