• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home News Shots

DoT set to ask BSNL not to use Chinese telecom equipment in 4G upgradation: Reports

Agencies by Agencies
June 19, 2020
in News Shots
A A
No Chinese equipment for 4G upgrade, Centre to tell BSNL: Sources
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi: The Department of Telecom (DoT) is set to ask state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) not to use Chinese telecom gear in its 4G upgradation, which is being supported as part of the company’s revival package, according to sources. The development comes at a time when Indian and Chinese armies are engaged in a standoff in Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldie in eastern Ladakh. The standoff has stirred anti-China sentiments in India, with protesters and some trade bodies like CAIT calling for a boycott of Chinese products in protest to border standoff. Sources privy to talks in the Telecom Department said it has been decided that BSNL will be asked not to use Chinese equipment in upgradation to 4G network, which is being supported by its revival package. The department may also convey that the tender in this regard may need to be reworked. A similar message will be conveyed to Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), sources said. The department is even considering measures to urge private telecom operators to bring down their dependence on Chinese-made telecom equipment. In the past, there have been concerns around network security of Chinese equipment, sources pointed out.
On Twitter, hashtags like ‘HindiCheeniByeBye’ and ‘BharatVsChina’ have been trending. Earlier on Wednesday, Chinese handset maker Oppo cancelled the livestream launch of its flagship 5G smartphone in the country amid protests calling for the boycott of Chinese products in various parts of the country. Oppo, which ranks among the top five smartphone vendors in India, had said it will livestream the launch of its Find X2 smartphone on Wednesday via YouTube. However, the livestream was cancelled later on, and the company instead uploaded a pre-recorded video. Notably, four of the five top smartphone brands in India (Xiaomi, Vivo, Realme and Oppo) are from China and accounted for almost 76 per cent share of smartphones shipped in India in the quarter ended March 2020. South Korea’s Samsung, which ranked third and cornered 15.6 per cent share of shipment in the said quarter, is the only non-Chinese firm in the top five tally.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Motorcyclist Dies Following Baramulla Highway Truck Collision

Three Dead, One Hospitalised as Separate Incidents Unfold Across Ganderbal in 24 Hours
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Sopore resident succumbs to injuries at hospital after traffic accident in Kanispora. Srinagar : A road accident in the Kanispora...

Read moreDetails

One Dead, One Injured in Ramban Tanker-Scooty Highway Collision

by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Police intercept fleeing tanker vehicle after fatal incident along Jammu-Srinagar Highway. Srinagar : A 24-year-old woman died and her pillion...

Read moreDetails

Repeated Leopard sightings trigger Panic like situation in Baramulla

by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Baramulla: Repeated leopard sightings in residential areas of Baramulla have disrupted normal life, with residents avoiding movement after dusk and...

Read moreDetails

Dumper Driver Electrocuted to Death in Uri Accident

Ramban Accident: Death toll mounts to 6 as two more injured women succumb
by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

Uri : A 45-year-old dumper driver lost his life after receiving a fatal electric shock when his vehicle accidentally touched...

Read moreDetails

J&K Higher Education Deptt Issues Strict SOPs to Screen Campus Literature

by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

Srinagar : In a major policy directive aimed at curbing radical narratives across academic institutions, the Jammu and Kashmir Higher...

Read moreDetails

Decomposed Body Recovered From River in Rajouri’s Nowshera

by K H News Service
August 21, 2026

Rajouri : Security forces and rescue teams recovered an unidentified, highly decomposed body from a river in the Nowshera area...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire