• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

India denies Trump claims of talks with PM Modi over China -India military standoff in Ladhak

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
May 29, 2020
in Latest Update, Main Story
A A
India denies Trump claims of talks with PM Modi over China -India military standoff in Ladhak
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/May,20 : Hours after US President Donald Trump said he had spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and “he is not in a good mood on what is going on in China”, top government sources contradicted the claim, asserting that there had been no recent interaction between the two leaders. “There has been no recent contact between PM Modi and US President Trump. The last conversation between them was on 4 April, 2020, on the subject of Hydroxychloroquine,” said sources
“Yesterday, the Ministry of External Affairs had also made it clear that we’re directly in touch with China through established mechanisms and diplomatic contacts,” they said. President Trump made the startling claim on Thursday while reiterating his offer to mediate between India and China on what he called a “big conflict” going on between the two nations. “I can tell you; I did speak to Prime Minister Modi. He is not in a good mood about what is going on with China,” the US President said during an interaction in the White House. “They have a big conflict …India and China. Two countries with 1.4 billion people (each). Two countries with very powerful militaries. India is not happy and probably China is not happy,” the president said when asked if he was worried about the border situation between India and China.He added”They like me in India. I think they like me in India more than the media likes me in this country. And, I like Modi. I like your prime minister a lot. He is a great gentleman.”
The US President’s mediation offer a day earlier was followed by a carefully crafted response from New Delhi on Thursday.”India is engaged with Chinese side to peacefully resolve it,” Anurag Srivastava, a spokesperson of the foreign ministry, told reporters when asked about Trump’s offer. “Our engagement on the diplomatic front continues both in Delhi as well as in Beijing,” he added. India and China, he said, have engagements both at the military level as well as the diplomatic level. The two nations have signed several protocols on maintaining peace and tranquility at the border and there are many agreements. President Trump on Wednesday tweeted that he was “ready, willing and able to mediate” between the two countries. “We have informed both India and China that the United States is ready, willing and able to mediate or arbitrate their now raging border dispute. Thank you!,” he had tweeted.
Asked about the tweet Thursday this week, Trump said if called for help, “I would do that (mediate). If they thought it would help” about “mediate or arbitrate, I would do that,” he said. Indian and Chinese soldiers have been locked in a face-off in Ladakh since early May. The tension came into sharp focus after reports of clashes between the soldiers of both sides in the Pangong Lake region on May 5 and May 6. Trump’s previous offers to mediate between India and Pakistan on Kashmir were firmly rejected by New Delhi, more than once.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22:- Director Agriculture Kashmir, Sartaj Ahmad Shah visited Seed Multiplication Farm Tapper Kreeri and took stock of various...

Read moreDetails

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR AUGUST 22:- A meeting of District Level Screening cum Coordination Committee (DLSCC) was today held under the chairmanship of...

Read moreDetails

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC
by United News of India
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 (UNI) The Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh has approved an average...

Read moreDetails

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 22: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Nalin Prabhat on Saturday conducted an operational review of...

Read moreDetails

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire