Fri. Sep 20th, 2019

After shutdown, restrictions for two day normalcy restored in Kashmir

Srinagar /May, 37 Following withdrawal of security restrictions in restive parts of Srinagar and several towns of Kashmir valley life returned to normal on Sunday across Kashmir. Following the killing of a top militant commander Zakir Musa the Chief of Gazwat Ul Hind in a gunfight in Tral Pulwama on Thursday last week  amid shutdown call for one day on last Saturday restrictions remained  in force on Friday and Saturday soon after the news about the killing of Zakir Musa went viral on social media.

Reports said that  amid no strike call from any separatist group to law enforcing authorities on Sunday lifted restrictions and normalcy was restored accross Kashmir. . Shops, fuel stations and other business establishments re-opened and passengers transport also operated normally.The weekly flea market on the TRC Chowk-Batamaloo axis through the Lal Chowk city centre was also open.

Musa, Chief of the Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind, was killed in an encounter with security forces at Dadsara village of Tral in the south Kashmir’s Pulwama district Friday after forces launched a search operation on late Thursday evening following specific information about the presence of militants there.

Fearing law and order problems, authorities had imposed curfew in parts of Kashmir Valley as a precautionary measure on Friday. The curfew continued on Saturday in view of a strike called by the Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani against the killing of Musa and a civilian, Zahoor Ahmad, a resident of Naira Pulwama – by unidentified gunmen on Thursday.

Mobile internet was also suspended on Thursday night across the valley, but the low-speed service was restored in most parts on Saturday evening following improvement in the situation.

The high-speed mobile internet service continued to remain barred.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Kashmir Horizon