• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

BJP gathering vote bank on Art 35-A issue: G A Mir

K H News Service by K H News Service
August 29, 2018
in Latest Update
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) chief, G A Mir on Wednesday accused Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of using Article 35-A to create vote bank for the upcoming parliamentary elections in the country.

According to the KNS correspondent, JKPCC chief while addressing a news conference here said that the BJP has no achievement of their five years rule to show to the people and now are taking advantage of several issues including Article 35-A to gain votes.
Mir was accompanied by Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Badal, MLC G N Monga, Haji Abdul Rasheed, Peerzada Muhammad Sayeed and Secretary Shakeel Ahmad Khan.
Mir while referring to a query over Article 35-A said that the congress as party has cleared its stand over the issue, saying that the party’s senior leaders had earlier said that the Article 370 is the strongest bridge between Jammu and Kashmir and union of India and Article 35-A is al so the part of the constitution. “Therefore, I believe the congress party has cleared its stand several years back and we are stuck with the claims made by our senior leaders,” he said.
He said that the petitions seeking scrapping of Article 35-A was taken to the SC now but it is not for the first time that this case has been taken to the court as it has been done in the past as well during which SC made it clear that the relation between JK and India will end in case the law will be revoked.
Asked about the threat issued by the militants, Mir said that the elections in the State have been held amidst the threats since 90’s. “Now, it stands the responsibility of the government to access the situation on the ground and assure safety and security to the people,” he said, adding that the congress party is always ready for any democratic exercise but let the government assure the safety of candidates as well the people.
He said that he will also talk to the newly appointed Governor, urging him to access the ground situation first prior to issuing notifications for any democratic exercise.
Earlier, senior congress leader and Punjab Finance Minister, Manpreet Badal accused Pm Modi of causing a loss of Rs. 41,000 crore to the exchequer in the purchase of RAFALE fighter jets from France.
He said that no procedure was followed in buying the RAFALEs. “During our tenure, the congress party was getting each RAFALE costing Rs 526 crore but the BJP led government bought the RAFALE amounting Rs 1670 crore, thus giving a huge loss to the country,” Badal said.
The congress leader also informed that in view of the huge loss to the exchequer, the party has decided to go for peaceful protests from September 05 to September 15 during which a memorandum will also be sent to the President of India, seeking his intervention in this regard.
Badal said that the BJP union minister denied the reports over RAFALE purchase but the PM Modi took the steps only to give benefits to Anil Ambani, a prominent businessman. (KNS)

K H News Service

K H News Service

Related Posts

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC
by United News of India
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 (UNI) The Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh has approved an average...

Read moreDetails

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 22: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Nalin Prabhat on Saturday conducted an operational review of...

Read moreDetails

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 : People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed Ur Rehman Para on Saturday criticized the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone

PC Crowns “Pellet Queen” title to Mehbooba Mufti; Demands Unconditional Apology for Kashmiri Pellet Victims
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: Peoples Conference President Sajad Gani Lone on Saturday said the 6.8% hike in electricity tariff is definitely...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire