• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

India, Pak trade charges over allegation of harassment

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
March 12, 2018
in Latest Update
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/March,12: India and Pakistan are in the middle of a major diplomatic spat with both sides accusing each other of harassing, even intimidating, diplomats. While Pakistan has now issued a demarche to India saying it was becoming difficult for its diplomats to function in Delhi, the media reports in Delhi quoting sources said the present round of hostility was initiated by an ISI raid on a residential complex under construction for Indian diplomats in Islamabad.
India has alleged that a group of 7-8 men raided the residential complex last month and disconnected the electricity and water supply to the property which is owned by India. Indian high commissioner Ajay Bisaria met the Pakistan foreign secretary on February 16 to strongly protest such “multiple acts of hooliganism” against Indian staff and property.

Despite the protest by Bisaria, the power supply wasn’t restored for over two weeks. Bisaria himself had his car intercepted recently in the middle of the road as he was prevented from attending an event, media reports quoting sources here said.Official sources here didn’t confirm a report in Pakistani media that Islamabad had threatened to pull out family members of their diplomats but said India will investigate the allegations. They said that Indian diplomats and their family members were regularly harassed in the recent past by Pakistani authorities. Indian diplomats have repeatedly complained about having to deal with unauthorised entry into their premises and also random interception of their cars. In one case, unidentified men are said to have broken into an Indian official’s home and stole his laptop.

The government, as a source said, has also not taken kindly to the fact that Islamabad Club has sought to deny membership, which is open to all diplomats, to Indian high commissioner Ajay Bisaria and other Indian diplomats. Pakistan’s interior ministry is yet to issue the no-objection certificate required for the membership given to Indian diplomats.
The two countries, only last week, agreed to the release and repatriation of prisoners over 70 years of age and also women prisoners. Media reports in Delh quoting sources said that in view of such an atmosphere of intimidation, most families of Indian officials had returned to India and children had been withdrawn from schools. “Aggressive surveillance, violation of physical space and tailing of officers in close and dangerous proximity is a perennial issue. Agency personnel keep shooting videos of the officers thrusting phones on their faces. Obscene phone calls and messages are constantly received on phones,” said a media report quoting a source. On the issue of India’s residential project in Islamabad, sources, according to media reports in Delgi, said Pakistan had denied visas to Indian companies involved in the construction. The main contractor, who is responsible for maintenance of the chancery, is said to have been threatened by Pakistani officials. He was told to leave the complex and also warned of action against him if he continued to do business with the Indian mission. India believes that Pakistan diplomats here are operating in a much better environment than their Indian counterparts in Islamabad. “The truth is that even the chancery can’t go about its normal business as the security guards have been threatened by Pakistani officials and asked not to allow any local to the chancery building,” a media reports quoted a source as saying.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 

CM Omar Abdullah inaugurates Srinagar’s first Waste to Wonder-Flower Garden 
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Waste to Wonder Garden showcases, creativity, adds rustic cues in natural settings: CM Omar Abdullah SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister...

Read moreDetails

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest

SMC building inspector suspended following ACB arrest
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: The Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) has placed a junior building inspector under suspension following her arrest in...

Read moreDetails

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg

Javid Dar reviews arrangements for kisan mela, foundation stone laying of mandi at Wusan Bangil Tangmarg
by Agencies
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Minister for Agriculture Production, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Cooperatives and Election Department, Javid Ahmad Dar, today...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar Abdullah felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job

CM Omar backs Rahul Gandhi, says questioning govt is opposition’s job
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 21: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday came out in support of Congress leader and...

Read moreDetails

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal

18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 21, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 21: An 18-year-old youth from Srinagar is feared to have drowned in Nallah Sindh near the dumping park...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire