• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Won’t hesitate to launch another surgical strike, if need arises : Lt General Anbu

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
December 9, 2018
in Latest Update
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Dehradun/Dec,9: Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Devraj Anbu has said the security forces would not hesitate to launch another surgical strike against militants if the need to do so arises.
“The surgical strike on militant launch pads across the border was a show of strength by our armed forces and we won’t hesitate to do it again if the enemy challenges us,” Lt Gen Anbu said in reply to a question by reporters on the sidelines of the Indian Military Academy’s Passing Out Parade (POP) in Dehradun on Saturday.
India conducted the surgical strike on September 29, 2016 across the Line of Control as a response to a militant attack on an Indian Army base in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir earlier that month. Nineteen Indian soldiers died in the attack by Pakistan-backed militants .
On Friday, Lt Gen (retd) D S Hooda, who was the Northern Army commander when the surgical strikes were carried out, said the constant hype around the precision operation was unwarranted. He, however, said it was natural to have initial euphoria over the success of the military action.
Responding to a question from the audience during a panel discussion in Chandigarh, Lt Gen Hooda said in hindsight, it would have been better had “we done it (surgical strikes) secretly”.
On the plans to give women combat roles in the armed forces, Lt Gen Anbu said different aspects of the proposition are being examined as conditions along the borders with Pakistan and China are different from the rest of the country.
In July this year, Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat said the process to allow women in combat role, currently an exclusive domain of men, is moving fast and initially women will be recruited for positions in military police.
In November, he said the Indian Army is not yet ready to have women in combat roles. He said there are several other fields where the Army was thinking of inducting women and there were plans to have women as interpreters.
Lt Gen Anbu was in Dehradun to address the POP at IMA as the reviewing officer.
The POP saw a total of 427 gentlemen cadets including 80 from seven friendly foreign countries graduating from the academy.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 : People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed Ur Rehman Para on Saturday criticized the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone

PC Crowns “Pellet Queen” title to Mehbooba Mufti; Demands Unconditional Apology for Kashmiri Pellet Victims
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: Peoples Conference President Sajad Gani Lone on Saturday said the 6.8% hike in electricity tariff is definitely...

Read moreDetails

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Youth had gone missing while bathing near Kijpara in Kangan; search operation launched by police and locals Ganderbal, Aug 22:...

Read moreDetails

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 23:An elderly woman was injured after being attacked by a wild bear in Achabal area of south Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire