• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

No ceasefire, Ops against militants suspended temporarily: Rajnath Singh

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
May 30, 2018
in Top News
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said a total of 619 militants in Jammu and Kashmir had been killed in gun battles with security forces as he highlighted the all-round improvement in internal and external security under the Narendra Modi government.
He also clarified that the operations against militants had not been stopped during the holy month of Ramadan but had just been suspended. “It is not ceasefire but a temporary suspension of operations,” he said, adding that the army is free to respond to any attack.
Addressing media persons here, the senior BJP leader said the number of militants killed in the previous UPA-II government was 471.
“There has been no compromise on the unity and integrity of the nation and we are proactively pursuing operations against the militant groups and subversive elements,” Singh added, but did not respond to a query on how many security personnel were killed in this period.
He however said that respecting the supreme sacrifice of the security personnel in the line of duty for the nation, the Union Government had scaled uo the ex-gratia sum from Rs 50 lakh to Rs one crore for Rajnath Singh also said that incursions had also decreased during the four years of the Modi government and it had come down by 85 per cent in the northeast.
Compared to a high of 2,418 Maoist incidents under the UPA regime, only 1,481 incidents have taken place in the NDA rule, he said. “In 2013, Maoists were active in 76 districts but there area of influence and operations has shrunk to 58 districts in the last four years,” he added.
He also said that to secure the country’s boundaries, a new border security system was being started under which LED lights would be installed along with new technique radars on the borders.
their families.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

People’s Participation Vital to Counter Terrorism, Narco-Terror: LG Sinha

From Awareness to Action: LG Sinha Ignites Next Phase for Drug-Free J&K
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

• LG lays foundation stone of Amriteshwar Sarovar at Sunderbani in Rajouri • Says “community solidarity essential to counter terror,...

Read moreDetails

World sees India as bright spot for growth: PM Modi

Paper Leak Accused Won’t Be Spared, Fast-Track Courts to Be Set Up: PM Modi
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says "Production Linked Punishment model of earlier 'License Raj' governments" Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at Congress...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha Calls Agriculture a New Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship

LG Sinha invites suggestions for SMVDSB’s upcoming ‘International Goddess Museum’ at Katra
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

•Urges youth to turn local agricultural challenges into startups and jobs •Calls for greater use of AI, technology and innovation...

Read moreDetails

Govt’s committed to deport every illegal immigrant from country: HM Amit Shah

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Siliguri( West Bengal) :The Union Home and Cooperatives Minister, Amit Shah inaugurated a 6-day awareness exhibition on the three New...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden

CM Omar inaugurates Srinagar’s first ‘Waste to Wonder’ Flower Garden
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Says “Garden showcases creative reuse of discarded materials, promotes sustainable landscaping” Srinagar :Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday inaugurated Srinagar’s first...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers

CM Omar felicitates J&K’s four NEET toppers
by K H News Service
August 22, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday felicitated four outstanding NEET achievers from Jammu and Kashmir, recognising their exceptional performance in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire