• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home World

2,792 killed in Israeli airstrikes on Lebanon: Health ministry

United News of India by United News of India
October 31, 2024
in World
A A
Over 100 killed in Lebanon due to Israeli strikes
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Beirut: The death toll from Israeli airstrikes on Lebanon since the beginning of the Israel-Hezbollah conflict on Oct 8, 2023, reached 2,792, while injuries went up to 12,772, the Lebanese Health Ministry reported on Tuesday.

On Monday alone, 82 people were killed and 180 others injured, the ministry added.

Moreover, Lebanese military sources said the Israeli military on Tuesday conducted over 50 airstrikes on around 30 villages, towns and cities in southern Lebanon.

The sources, who spoke anonymously, added the most intense strike occurred in the Saida neighborhood of the southern city of Sidon, where three buildings were targeted, resulting in six deaths and 37 injuries, the majority of whom were displaced individuals.

Israeli warplanes also conducted three airstrikes on the border road connecting Lebanon and Syria with six air-to-ground missiles, impeding the movement of pedestrians traveling in both directions between the two countries, said the sources.

Meanwhile, clashes are still ongoing between Hezbollah elements and Israeli forces that managed to infiltrate Lebanon’s southeastern village of Khiam, according to the sources.

“Heavy machine guns, artillery shells, and rockets are being used in the clashes, while Israeli warplanes are carrying out intensive raids on the center of the village,” they added, noting that following the Israeli advance into Khiam, contact was lost with 17 Lebanese civilians living in one of its houses.

Hezbollah said Tuesday in separate statements that its fighters “attacked Israeli headquarters and sites with missiles and drones, including the kibbutzim of Snir, Dafna, Dan and the moshavim of Zar’it and Beit Hillel, all located in northern Israel, as well as the Israeli town of Ma’alot.”

It added that an Israeli Hermes 900 drone was shot down in the airspace of the southeastern Lebanese town of Marjeyoun.

Since September 23, the Israeli army has conducted intensive attacks on Lebanon in an escalation with Hezbollah. Earlier this month, Israel initiated a ground operation across its northern border into Lebanon.

UNI/XINHUA

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

Trump holds up India’s election system as model, pushes US Congress to pass SAVE America Act

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 19, 2026

Washington : US President Donald Trump cited India's election system as a perfect model for the United States, pointing to...

Read moreDetails

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports

Trump ready to end Iran conflict without nuclear deal: Reports
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Moscow, Aug 10 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump privately floated the idea of possibly ending the conflict with Iran without...

Read moreDetails

Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi Aramco facility in Jizan

Hermes 900 Starliner Drones Set To Be Inducted Into Indian Army
by United News of India
August 10, 2026

Jijan, Aug 9 (UNI) Yemen's Houthi group on Sunday claimed responsibility for a drone attack on a Saudi Aramco facility...

Read moreDetails

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap

US VP JD Vance Dials PM Modi,  Review India-US Strategic Roadmap
by United News of India
August 9, 2026

      High-level phone call reaffirms commitment to critical tech, defense, trade         MEA firmly dismisses US congressional comments on FCRA...

Read moreDetails

Trump says he still wants to reach deal with Iran

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 6, 2026

Washington, Aug 6 (Sputnik/UNI) US President Donald Trump said that he still wants to reach a deal with Iran. "I'd...

Read moreDetails

Last chance’ before ‘decapitation’: Trump after halting ‘biggest attack since World War II

‘Iran starved of cash;, want Hormuz open because they are losing 500 mn USD a day: Trump
by United News of India
August 4, 2026

Washington, Aug 4 (UNI) President Donald Trump said Iran had one "last chance" to accept a US nuclear deal before...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire