• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home India

Shettar will lose election: Amit Shah

United News of India by United News of India
April 25, 2023
in India
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Hubballi: Union Home Minister and BJP Electoral Chief Strategist Amit Shah on Monday said Ex-CM Jagadish Shettar will lose the upcoming assembly election because Hubballi has always voted for BJP, not for an individual.

“No harm is done. Jagadish Shettar himself will lose the election. Hubballi has always voted for BJP. Hubballi has not given vote to an individual, and BJP workers are united and definitely BJP will win the election in Hubballi,” he told reporters here at a press conference.

A couple of days after Shettar was denied ticket by the BJP to contest from Hubballi-Dharwad Central constituency, he tendered his resignation as BJP MLA by handing over the letter to Karnataka Speaker Vishveshwar Hegde Kageri and next day resigned from the primary membership of the party before joining Congress.

Asked why Shettar was denied a ticket, Shah said: “Many people have been denied the ticket. Shettar ji is not the only leader who was denied a ticket.”

Asked about Congress party’s narrative that the BJP has humiliated its Lingayat leaders, Shah said the grand old party does not have any right to talk about it as it is the Congress that humiliated the only two Lingayat chief ministers in the state’s political history.

Moreover, the party has not meted out injustice to Lingayat leaders, because not a single ticket has been given to a non-Lingayat in place of a Lingayat, he said.

“I want to ask Congress a question. When two of our leaders (Shettar and Savadi) went to Congress, their mouths started watering. Brother, what did the Congress party do for Lingayats?,” Shah asked.

“In the whole political history of the state, only two chief ministers from the Lingayat community were elected. Both were humiliated and removed. One was removed by Mrs Indira Gandhi, and the other, I am talking about Virendra Patil, was removed by Rajiv Gandhi at the airport. Congress has no right to talk about Lingayats,” he added.

On the contrary, the BJP has always tried to respect all castes, and treat everybody in equal terms, Shah said.

Asked to comment on Savadi and Shettar’s comments that a few vested interests are controlling BJP in Karnataka, Shah said the BJP is not under the control of individuals.

He argued that these very “vested interests” had earlier made Shettar and Savadi chief minister and deputy chief minister, respectively.

“In whose grasp was it until now? When he (Savadi) was made the deputy chief minister, they all (BL Santosh and central party leaders) were at the helm of affairs. Look, BJP is all about teamwork. BJP is not under the control of individuals.”

On senior Congress leader Siddaramaiah’s comments “against Lingayats” – as alleged by the BJP – Shah said the grand old party has once again established the rule that it demeans and defames the community.

Siddaramaiah had said the present Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, belonging to Lingayat community, is the root cause for all corruption in the state.

The BJP picked up the issue and started a smear campaign against the senior Congress leader, labelling him anti-Lingayat. However, Siddaramaiah clarified that he was only talking about Bommai, not the entire Lingayat community.

Asked about the party’s strategy to win majority seats in Old Mysuru Region which they haven’t done yet, Shah said, “There is no strategy. We want to form a majority government. We want the people of Old Mysuru Region to come with BJP. We are taking our views to them. I have full faith that BJP will get good success in the Old Mysuru Regions,” he said. UNI

United News of India

United News of India

United News of India

Related Posts

India Defies Global Slump, Leads Growth: Prez Murmu In Independence Day Message

3-tier security cover in place for 79th Independence Day celebrations in J&K
by Agencies
August 15, 2026

New Delhi: In her message of greeting on 80th Independence Day, President Droupadi Murmu highlighted India’s strong economic momentum as...

Read moreDetails

Both houses of Parliament adjourned sine die, with passage of 12 Bills during Monsoon Session

Opposition to boycott inauguration of new Parliament building
by Agencies
August 14, 2026

New Delhi:Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned sine die. The Monsoon session of Parliament, which began on the...

Read moreDetails

HM Amit Shah Unveils High-Tech Cyber Defense Network for Cooperative Banks

Fuel excise cut brings relief amid global crisis: Amit Shah hails PM Modi’s move
by Agencies
August 9, 2026

Mumbai: Taking decisive steps to safeguard India’s grassroots financial ecosystem, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah emphasized the imperative...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi Says J&K, Ladakh Witnessing Unprecedented Development Since Article 370 Abrogation

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by KH Web Desk
August 5, 2026

SRINAGAR, Aug 5: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that seven years after the abrogation of Articles 370 and...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi promises ‘more strict actions against paper leaks’ amid CJP protests

Parliament set to script history on Women’s Reservation, says PM Modi at Nari Shakti Vandan Sammelan
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

PM Modi Announces Fast-Track Courts Bill Amid NEET Paper Leak Controversy New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday promised...

Read moreDetails

Govt invites students protesting over NEET paper leak issue for talks

1,365 Vacant Posts In IAS, 703 In IPS: Govt
by Agencies
July 24, 2026

New Delhi: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has appealed to the protesting students of the NEET paper leak issue to...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire