• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

“Drones not made on roads, are state supported systems”, Says 15 Corps Commander

KH Web Desk by KH Web Desk
June 30, 2021
in Latest Update
A A
Lt General Devendra Pratap Pandey to head Srinagar-based Chinar Corps
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/ June,30:  The technology used in Sunday’s drone strikes on an Air Force base at Jammu airport indicate “state-support” and involvement of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed and Lashkar-e-Taiba, Lt General DP Pandey, Corps Commander of the 15 Corps in Srinagar, told a top new channels in Delhi.

General Pandey said the Army is “well aware these assets and tech – like drones and drone warfare – are state-supported systems” and that such threats may continue and even increase.

He stressed, however, that the armed forces will look to stay ahead of such threats and is exploring options and proactive solutions to address any and all challenges to national security.

“We are well aware that these assets and tech – drone warfare, for example – cannot just be made on the roadside. These indicate state-supported systems and technology… and state supported, or state sponsored, technology definitely indicates Jaish and Lashkar,” Gen Pandey said.

He expressed caution about revealing details of the ongoing investigation, but said an initial analysis of data indicated “a certain level of guidance from state actors”.

“The capability or capacity exists to modify drones, which are locally available as well… with a certain level of guidance from state actors, they can be modified to carry out these attacks,” the General replied when asked if the drones were locally operated or were flown across the border. Over the past couple of years there have been reports of Pakistan using drones to drop weapons across the border.

In Punjab in August 2019, a crashed drone was found in a village in Amritsar. The following month, terrorists arrested by security forces allegedly revealed drugs and weapons had been dropped in the state over eight separate drone flights. In June last year, the BSF shot down a suspected spy drone in the Kathua district of Jammu; the next a network of tunnels across the border was found.

The General’s observation concurs with what Director General J&K Police Dilbagh Singh who in an interview on Monday this week said that Lashkar-e-Taiba was likely involved in the Sunday attack and may also have been behind drones spotted near a military facility on Monday.

Suspicions about a Lashkar link came after a suspected operative from Banihal was arrested. The 22-year-old had an explosive device weighing four kg and was arrested hours after Sunday’s blasts.

“This threat is live and going to keep on increasing… but we are aware and have taken advanced measures over the past few days to re-orient ourselves. As a unit, the Army is looking for proactive solutions and I am very confident that we can take care of this challenge as well,” the General said.

General Pandey also indicated a link between the level and intensity of militant attacks in Jammu and Kashmir and the relative stability of the region. He said the Kashmir Valley security situation was potentially the best in the past four or five years. “Every time there is stability in the Kashmir Valley, or the Jammu and Kashmir region, as we have seen recently, there will always be the introduction of new systems or actors to counter this… and the next level in this is greater deniability – an attempt to say this is possibly internal,” he said.

 

 

“But we know where the idea is coming from… where the support mechanisms and technology are coming from. We need to keep a watch and hold them responsible,” the General stressed.

1 Comments Sunday’s terror strike – in which two IAF personnel suffered minor injuries – is being investigated by the NIA, and an FIR has been filed under the stringent anti-terror law UAPA.

KH Web Desk

KH Web Desk

Related Posts

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises

Waheed Para Slams Power Tariff Hike In J&K, Questions Govt’s Poll Promises
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 : People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed Ur Rehman Para on Saturday criticized the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone

PC Crowns “Pellet Queen” title to Mehbooba Mufti; Demands Unconditional Apology for Kashmiri Pellet Victims
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: Peoples Conference President Sajad Gani Lone on Saturday said the 6.8% hike in electricity tariff is definitely...

Read moreDetails

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Youth had gone missing while bathing near Kijpara in Kangan; search operation launched by police and locals Ganderbal, Aug 22:...

Read moreDetails

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 23:An elderly woman was injured after being attacked by a wild bear in Achabal area of south Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire