• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Agreement finalised with China on disengagement in Pangong Lake areas in eastern Ladakh: Rajnath

Agencies by Agencies
February 11, 2021
in Latest Update
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

New Delhi/Feb,11: India and China have reached an agreement on disengagement of troops from the north and south banks of the Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said in Rajya Sabha on Thursday.Under the agreement, Singh said both sides would cease their forward deployments in a phased, coordinated and verified manner in these areas.
The Defence Minister assured the House that India had not conceded anything while entering into the disengagement process, adding that there are “some outstanding issues” with regard to deployment and patrolling at some other points along the LAC in eastern Ladakh.”I am happy to inform the House that as a result of our well-thought-out approach and sustained talks with the Chinese side, we have now been able to reach an agreement on disengagement in the north and south banks of the Pangong Lake. “It has also been agreed to convene the next meeting of the senior commanders within 48 hours after the complete disengagement in the Pangong Lake area so as to address and resolve all other remaining issues,” he said.Singh said the agreement reached with the Chinese side for disengagement in the Pangong Lake area envisaged that both sides would cease their forward deployments in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.
“The Chinese side will keep its troop presence in the north bank area to east of Finger 8. Reciprocally, the Indian troops will be based at their permanent base at Dhan Singh Thapa Post near Finger 3,” he said.”A similar action will be taken in the south bank area by both sides. These are mutual and reciprocal steps and any structures that had been built by both sides since April 2020 in both north and south bank areas will be removed,” Singh said. Indian and Chinese militaries were locked in a bitter standoff in eastern Ladakh for over nine months.

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities

Director Agriculture Kashmir visits S.M Farm Tapper Kreeri, takes stock of Agriculture activities
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22:- Director Agriculture Kashmir, Sartaj Ahmad Shah visited Seed Multiplication Farm Tapper Kreeri and took stock of various...

Read moreDetails

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43

DC Srinagar chairs DLSCC meeting; several cases recommended for compassionate appointment and cash compensation under SRO-43
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

SRINAGAR AUGUST 22:- A meeting of District Level Screening cum Coordination Committee (DLSCC) was today held under the chairmanship of...

Read moreDetails

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC

JERC approves 6.83pc average power tariff hike in J&K from September 1, Oppn slams NC
by United News of India
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 (UNI) The Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh has approved an average...

Read moreDetails

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal

J&K DGP Nalin Prabhat Reviews Operations at TOBs in Ganderbal
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 22: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Nalin Prabhat on Saturday conducted an operational review of...

Read moreDetails

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept

GI QR labelling begins at Quality Control Lab of Handicrafts Dept
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Lab shall certify non-textile & languishing crafts to add brand value and improve market reach SRINAGAR, AUGUST 22: In a...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma

NC Govt Betrays People Again: Free Power Promise Turns Into 6.83% Tariff Hike: Sunil Sharma
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, August 22: Leader of Opposition in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Sunil Sharma, on Saturday strongly criticised the...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire