• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Kashmir Horizon
EPAPER
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper
No Result
View All Result
The Kashmir Horizon
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest Update

Hakeem concerned over allotment of sand extraction contracts to non locals, Says ‘move has usurped livelihood of locals’

KH Correspondent by KH Correspondent
June 26, 2020
in Latest Update, Main Story
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar/June, 26, : Chairman People’s Democratic Front (PDF ) Hakeem Mohammad Yaseen Friday  expressed serious concern over the reports that sand extraction blocks along the river Jehlum and its tributaries that used to be given to locals against a royalty to the government, have been given to non locals. He said this step was bound to render thousands of people of the kashmir valley ,associated with sand digging job , completely jobless.

In a statement issued on Friday, Hakeem  said that reports about allotment of sand digging contracts along river Jehlum to non – locals were a cause of serious concern as this process would badly hit livelihood of thousands of local contractors and their families, associated with the job. He said that reports have come to fore that for the first time,since December last year , contracts for mineral blocks in every district of J&K have been allotted to non local contractors. He has urged the authorities to keep all sand digging works along river Jehlum exclusively reserved for the local contractors and has demanded to cancel all such allotments made in this regard this year so far. Hakeem  ridiculed the authorities for playing with the livelihood of local people during the Covid pandemic. ” It doesn’t behave good for the government to play with the sentiments of the people during the Covid-19 pandemic, when every person in the state are struggling for their survival. ” It was most inhuman to usurp means of livelihood of the local people on on different pretexts,” Hakeem  added.

He said people of Jammu and Kashmir are scared to see deliberate attempts to usurp thier employment rights by opening recruitment process to outsiders alongside determined attempts to change the demographic identity of Jammu and kashmir. He said people are also worried to learn about deliberate attempts to exploite its natural resources and rendering local people jobless. Hakeem  has urged the Central government to desist from playing with the sentiments of the people of jammu and kashmir and try to win their hearts and minds.

KH Correspondent

KH Correspondent

Related Posts

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days

Body of 18-Year-Old Srinagar Youth Recovered from Nallah Sindh After Two Days
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Youth had gone missing while bathing near Kijpara in Kangan; search operation launched by police and locals Ganderbal, Aug 22:...

Read moreDetails

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag

Elderly Woman Injured In Bear Attack In Anantnag
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 23:An elderly woman was injured after being attacked by a wild bear in Achabal area of south Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails

Power Tariff in J&K Likely to Rise From September 1 as JERC Approves 6.83% Average Hike

Power Tariff in J&K Likely to Rise From September 1 as JERC Approves 6.83% Average Hike
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22, KNT: Electricity consumers across Jammu and Kashmir are likely to face higher power bills from September 1...

Read moreDetails

EOW Kashmir chargesheets habitual offender in fake job fraud case

EOW Kashmir chargesheets habitual offender in fake job fraud case
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) Kashmir of Crime Branch J&K on Saturday said it had filed a...

Read moreDetails

NIA carries out raids across several Kashmir districts in terror case

NIA carries out raids across several Kashmir districts in terror case
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Srinagar, Aug 22 (UNI) The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Saturday morning carried out simultaneous searches at multiple locations across...

Read moreDetails

Search Operation Enters Second Day for Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh

Search Operation Enters Second Day for Srinagar Youth Feared Drowned in Nallah Sindh
by KH Web Desk
August 22, 2026

Ganderbal, Aug 22: The search operation to trace an 18-year-old youth from Srinagar who is feared to have drowned in...

Read moreDetails

About

The publication of “Kashmir Horizon” as an English daily was started with a modest attempt on May 19, 2008.It has been a Himalayan attempt for “The Kashmir Horizon” to survive the challenges posed to journalism in the violence fraught place like Jammu & Kashmir.

MORE

Search in Archive

DIGITAL EDITION

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Our Team
  • Advertise with Us
  • Contributors
  • FAQ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Region
  • City News
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
  • News In Focus
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Ideas
    • My Idea
    • Friday Faith
    • Letter to the Editor
  • Business
  • Sports
  • India
  • World
  • Snapshots
  • ePaper

© The Kashmir Horizon - Designed by Gabfire